Getting Caught

I woke up in the middle of the night my back aching from not shifting.

I quietly stood up and looked around. Everyone was sleeping.

Perfect.

I tip toed over to the entrance because elves are very light sleepers.

I guess he was supposed to take watch. So much for staying awake!

I spoke to soon though. His back was turned to me from his place on his rock. He was sitting and his head against the wall.

Perfect sleeping position right?

Wrong!

I was just about to take a step out-

"Luna?"

Crap!

"Where are you going," he said in a low voice.

"Just on a walk," I lied.

"At night?"

"Can't sleep," I said.

"I could accompany you," he offered.

"And that would me abandoning your post now would it?" I smirked at him.

"Not if we don't go far," he airless back.

"I'll be fine. I won't go far," I said to him.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes. You have elf ears, if anything happens I'll yell for you," I reasoned.

"Ok," he said hesitantly.

I walked out side and took a deep breath.

I walked up the slope we came down today.

By the time I got to the top I collapsed on the ground because my back was hurting so bad.

I let my dragon come out and I spread my wings and flew farther away from the cave.

The blizzard passed thankfully, so it was only lightly snowing.It felt so good to fly so high and spread my wings.

After five minutes I finally landed on top of the slope.I had to quickly put my clothes on and walk down the slope.

"Miss me?" I asked Legolas once I got there.He just smiled and shook his head.

I went to where I was sleeping last, but saw the poor hobbits shivering like crazy.

I walked over and sat down right between all the hobbits. I made sure that the two hobbits that were right next to me were right next to me. The two on the sides I pulled closer and placed my hand on them.

Before I fell asleep I saw Legolas look at me with the sweetest smile I've ever since.

That elf. . .