Blue Flames for Good

We climbed a little ways up the mountain and the wind was getting more powerful and snow deeper.

I looked back at the hobbits and saw that they were being carried by Boromir and Aragorn. I stepped out of line and waited until Boromir came with Merry and Pippin.

"I can take one of them for you if you'd like," I shouted above the wind.

"It's fine Luna, I can take both of them," he shouted back.

"Please let me carry one of them. I'm stronger than I look," I pleaded.

"Fine," he said as he handed Pippin to me.

We waited until everyone passed and then I started up with Pippin in my arms.

I looked down at him and saw that he was shivering like crazy.

I let myself heat up for Pippin. He snuggled further into me and he wasn't shaking so bad.

I carried him a few more hours until a heard my name being called.

I walked ahead of the group and stood by Gandalf. He was tapping his staff ahead of him on something hard.

"You found the ice?" I asked.

"I believe I did," he responded.

I set Pippin down in front of Gandalf and saw he was still shaking.

I undid the clasp to my cloak and took it off. I put it around Pippin and took off my gloves.

"Could you hold these for me Pippin?" I asked, holding out my gloves to him.

He took them with a smile and I smiled back.

I stood up and looked at the ice.

"Do you know how far it is?" Gandalf asked.

"No."

I looked at the ice and held out my hand. It burned a bright blue and I burned the side of the ice.

I stopped and looked at it.

"It's about three inches thick," I said to Gandalf.

"Ok, how long do you think you'll last?"

"It depends on how far it is," I told him.

Legolas jogged up beside us, "Is everything alright?"

"We're getting ready to go through the ice," Gandalf informed him.

"I hate the cold," I muttered.

I warmed up my hands and blue flames shot from my hands melting a path in front of me.

We continued to move along the ice never stopping.

After about a half an hour I started to get tired.

I stumbled forward and stopped my flames. I leaned on the edge of the path and caught my breathing.

"Luna you can stop," Gandalf told me.

"No, it's fine," I started back up again.

It was almost gone I could tell. My flames aren't as powerful.

I'm starting to lose power in me, but I thought of Frodo and how his job is much harder than mine.

I pushed harder on for the fellowship and the fate of Middle Earth.

The snow started to get easier to melt. I stopped the flames and felt the top of the snow. It wasn't hard anymore like the ice.

I turned around and saw Gandalf with a small smile. I smiled back and sat down in the snow.

"I think we should rest before continuing!" Gandalf announced to the group.

I could care less because I was so tired. I closed my eyes and didn't care about who sat next to me.

"You did well Luna. Now rest," quietly said.

I snuggled up next to him and slowly drifted off to sleep.