Hobbit Talk

The next day the land was becoming more rocky. The more we progressed the more I saw rocks.

"Eclipse," a called her over from the hobbits. She came over to the back of the group where I was.

"Be careful of all the rocks, I don't want you getting hurt," I told her stroking her face.

"I'll be fine," she assured me.

"Ok, go on back to playing with the hobbits," I chuckled.

She pranced off to the hobbits messing with the hoods of their cloaks and back packs.

I laughed at the sight and noticed a presence right by me.

I turned my cloaked head to see Legolas looking straight ahead. He turned his head to look at me with a light smile.

"How are you faring?" He asked me.

"I'm doing well," I said looking forward, "You?" I said looking at him again.

"Never better," he told me.

We were in silence after our small talk enjoying each other's presence. It was around noon and I knew we would be stopping in a little.

"We shall rest on the top of those rocks," Gandalf said pointing to a group of rocks. Knew I was right.

I turned to where Eclipse was, "Go and scout."

She nodded and pranced off.

As we were climbing up to the rocks Legolas was besides me.

"So you can understand her?"

"Who?," I asked, "Oh Eclipse?"

"Yes."

"I can," I said in a small voice.

"How?"

"Well it's complicated. Um. . . Well let's just say that I can understand her and she can understand me."

Legolas nodded with a smile. We reached the top and I did my normal routine with helping Sam.

This time I decided to talk to Sam.

"So what's the Shire like?" I asked him.

He looked at me wide eyed, "You've never been to the Shire?"

"No I'm afraid not," I said to him laughing a little.

"Well, it's one of the most beautiful places you would ever see," he said as he placed things on the ground.

"The rolling hills and fields are the greenest of greens also," he continued, "Everybody knows everyone and we have the best parties."

"It sounds like a place I would like."

"Oh you wouldn't just like it you'll love it!"

"Don't forget the Green Dragon either!" Pippin said walking up to us.

"Wait there's a dragon there?" I exclaimed.

"No! Oh no, no, no!" Merry said waving his hands indicating I was wrong.

"It's a tavern!" Merry said to me.

"Oh," I said embarrassed.

"Best ale you'll ever try," Pippin said dreamily.

I laughed at them, "You guys really love the Shire don't you."

"Yes!" They all responded.

I laughed even harder. I could hear Gandalf laughing as well. I looked up to see that everyone was smiling at our little conversation.

I looked to Legolas to see him smiling right at me. I blushed and turned around to finish unloading Bill.

Once that was done I sat down by Gandalf who was smoking his pipe. I had nothing to do so I took out one of my swords and started to sharpen it with my stone.

Merry and Pippin also took out their swords and Boromir was trying to teach them some moves.

Aragorn was laughing along and Gimli was talking to Gandalf about Moria. Sam and Frodo were making food and lastly Legolas was on a higher boulder watching over us.

When the hobbits took a break I switched my swords and sharpened the other one.

"Luna! Would you care for a duel!" Boromir asked me from where he and the hobbits were training.

"I'm-" I started to say and was going to say I was fine.

"She would love to!" Gandalf stated.

I turned towards Gandalf and shoved him slightly. I turned towards Boromir who was waiting with his sword in hand.

I glared at Gandalf as I got up. He started laughing. I made my way down to Boromir and got ready.

He frowned, "Don't you want to take your cloak off. It's really hot."

"Fine," I said to him.

I put my hood down not looking at anyone and unclipped my cloak throwing it over my back pack.

I reached back and pulled out my twin blades.

"Ready?" I asked him.

"Ready!" He smiled.

I smirked and he suddenly looked scared.