Caves are Good

We started to make our way down the mountain as soon as possible. I switched Sam out for Merry trying to get even for the poor shivering hobbits.

It was night time now and it was getting very hard to see.

"Luna!" Gandalf called. I made my way to the front with Merry. The wind whipping at everyone fiercely.

"We need to find cover!" Gandalf said over the wind.

"Ok!"

I trudged back to Boromir and handed him Merry before going on my way.

Since I didn't have any extra weight on me I could easily walk on top of the snow.

I ran down the hill with a blue flame in my hand to look for some shelter for my companions.

I slide down a steep hill and turned around to find something. I saw something through the blizzard. It looked like a hole in the side of the mountain.

A cave!

I jogged over to it and looked inside. It was big enough for the whole fellowship.

I smiled and started to make my way back to the fellowship.

"There's a cave down that slope!" I yelled to Gandalf.

He nodded and began to lead the way. I walked beside Aragorn and placed a hand on his arm. He looked at me strangely.

"Let me take Frodo," I told him. He slowly let go of Frodo and handed him to me.

The poor fellow was half frozen. I warned him up a bit. His hand was clutching his chest. I sighed and wanted to ask him why he ever wanted to this. Instead I tightened my grip on him and kept trudging.

Once we made it down the slope I made my way to the front and lead the way to the cave.

I set Frodo down by Gandalf and told him I'd go scout the cave.

I lighted up my hand and stepped into the cave. I drew my sword and searched for any signs of danger that may be lurking in the shadows.

I moved to the back of the cave and it seemed clear from any signs of danger.

I went back out of the cave and told Gandalf it was clear. I picked Frodo up and lead everyone inside the cave.

I set Frodo down and helped everyone unpack things. I helped Sam cook some stew for everyone to have.

I was handing out stew to everyone while Sam put it into bowls.

Aragorn, Gimli (who wanted another), Boromir, Merry, Pippin, Frodo.

I walked over to Legolas who was sitting by the entrance.

I cleared my throat a little and his head picked up a little. I held out the stew for him and he took with a small smile.

"Thank you, Luna," he said quietly.

I then took the bowl in my other hand to Gandalf. He was staring into the flames that I started for everyone. He was completely oblivious to his surroundings.

"Gandalf," I said quietly sitting next to him. He didn't even respond to me.

I said his name again and placed my hand on his shoulder. He jumped a little surprised.

He looked at me and then at the soup, "thank you Luna," he said taking the bowl.

I stared at him in worry wondering what it was.

"What is it?" He looked at me confused, "What's bothering you?"

"Nothing dear," he said with a not so reassuring smile.

I recognized his mood from when Gimli mentioned Moria.

"It's Moria isn't it?"

"No Luna it isn't," he said and was quiet queuing me to not bother him anymore.

I huffed and went off to a corner in the cave. Sam came up to me and handed me a bowl of soup.

"You didn't get one for yourself," he said while wiping his hands with a towel.

He opened his mouth to say something but closed it. I looked at him questioningly.

"Well I-I was just wondering if you are a sorceress?" He said in a quiet voice. I sat up and looked at my hand. I let some flames ignite in my hand.

"This? This is not sorcery. This is a curse that I. . . Can't get rid of." I told him.

"Well I don't think it's a really bad curse," Sam said. I looked at him and smiled at the kindness he's showed me.

He looked down and asked shyly, "I was also wondering. . . Um how old are you?"

"Sam hasn't your mother told you not to ask women about their age!" Frodo scolded him and was laughing at the same time.

I laughed at Frodo's remark and replied, "let's just say that I'm to old."

Sam bowed his head in shame and walked away.

I started to eat the stew and looked toward the doorway to the cave.

Legolas was staring at me, so there was no doubt that he heard Sam's questions. I looked down at my stew unable to face him.

Once I was done I leaned my head on the rock beside me and let myself sleep.