Every Rose Has Its Thorn

"Abbie, please come out so we can talk."  Theo mind linked me. For the past three hours I've locked myself up in the bathroom. The first hour I spent crying. The second hour was spent in rage. Now as my stand off was nearing the end of its third hour the numbness set in. "Go away Theo." If there was one person in the whole world I didn't want to see right now it was Theo.

"Please Abbie." He called through the door. All the resolve I had left my body with a sigh. I got off the floor and opened the door to the bathroom. I didn't see my mate standing there. All I saw was a cheater and lies. If he had really loved me there is no way on this Earth he would have betrayed me like that.

As I pushed past him he grabbed my arm. I couldn't bare to look at him. "Abbie, let me talk." With him being an Alpha you would expect his grip on me to be hard to get out of. The fact that he had never handled we with anything but care made his grip easy to get out of. I grabbed a small duffle bag out of the closet and threw some clothes in there.

"Don't go. Abbie, we need to talk." Talk! He never once mentioned that there was a chance he got the girl pregnant. My hand brushed a tear from my face as I threw some clothes in the bag. "Look at me!" He said with a rough tone as he soon me around. "We need to talk about this."

"There is nothing to talk about. You slept with another woman and got her pregnant! All the while I was strung up and tortured for information on your cheating ass!" I put two hands on his chest and shoved him away. "I defended you! I went through a year of torture all the while you slept with another woman! You spent months pouring alcohol into your system while I had wolfsbane injected into mine!"

My voice was shouting and cracking at points. Tears of anger streamed down my face. I slid the ring off my finger with ease and threw it right in his face. "Abbie please. It isn't what it looks like." He had the nerve to try and negotiate with me right now?!

"NO! I am done with this! I thought I forgave you for what you did but really I didn't! If you really loved me like you said so I wouldn't be calling your ass out for getting another girl pregnant! You would have found me sooner then you did and I wouldn't have had as much to defend you for!" I hated him! Theo could go burn in Hell for all I cared. Evey was not exactly taking this well. She became that depressed wolf instead of the raging bitch I needed her to be right now.

I looked deep into Theo's eyes with pure wrath. "I, Abigail Mason, rej-" His hand clamped over my mouth and I fought against him to say the words. I didn't want to be mated to a cheater. The will to fight I had gained during that year came out in full force as I struggled to get free. "Abbie don't. You aren't thinking straight." What! Out of the two of us I probably was thinking the straightest.

I gave up the fight though and he let me go. "Give me one good reason why I shouldn't reject you Theo! We both know if I had done to you what you did to me you would reject me in a heart beat! Do you think just because you are an Alpha you should get your mate plus a side chick?!" If I said the things I just did to any other Alpha I'm sure I'd be rogue for sure. "Abbie." He whispered in my ear as he wrapped his arms around my waist.

"Remember that day when I attacked Adam for saying he wanted to marry you? Remember how you calmed me down? You need to calm down now." Just his voice started to simmer down my rage. His velvet tones did there dance around my head slowly. "You know Louise will do anything to ruin us." His lips brushed my neck. Right on the spot he had marked me.

That seemed likely. Maybe he had a point. "It wasn't hard to find out she was lying." He then kissed behind my ear. My body basically gave its self over to his touch. "She won't bother us again. I promise this time." A soft moan escaped from me as he kissed that spot on my neck again. "You owe me big time you know." His deep chuckle caused vibrations to run through my body. "Of course. I will make sure to pay you back in full Abigail."

His lips cought mine in a soft embrace as he slid the ring back on my finger. "How can you be sure that it's not your kid though?" Doubt raced through my head as I broke the kiss off. "I know because she isn't even pregnant. You would be able to smell other on her by now." Slowly I nodded and he took my lips in his again. "Now please come down. I made dinner."

So we went down to the kitchen. It wasn't dinner that greated me. There was basically a full fledged feast. "Think this is a little over kill Theo?" His crooked smile flashed before me. "What can I say. I'm a stress cooker."