Hallelujah

How did he get here? "Abigail? You're awake?" All I was able to do was force a nod. The shock ran through my body like electricity. "How long have you been here?" As he started walking I noticed a few things. First, he had a limp. To think that the man who was so strong after his mates death would have a limp was a bit absurd.

Second, he was just as shocked to see me as I was to see him. Third, one of his cuts were infected. Even with all of this, the presence of the strong man I have always been proud to call my father was still there. "They took me shortly after your accident. When I got the call from Theo I rushed right up there, but I never made it. They got me a few blocks off the territory."

Three weeks. My father has been a prisoner for three weeks. "How long have you been awake?" He had started to tend to the cuts on my arms. Everything stung because of the wolfsbane. "Since yesterday. They attacked Theo and I." I spoke in a whisper after years of doing that when speaking to a higher rank then I.

"They haven't done much damage to you. At least not yet." Okay. Yeah sure. What do you call almost dying in a car crash then? "Why is this group so interested in Theo?" With a sigh he motioned for me to sit. I was able to did so but he did it with a few grunts. "Theo's pack attacked this group of hunters while his father was still Alpha. The group you see now is only a fraction of what they had then."

"But why did they attack?" Whatever it was there had to be a good reason. "They killed Theo's mother." And there it was. The start of a cycle that wouldn't end until either the hunters die or Theo's pick dies. They kill a wolf, the wolfs kill them, then another wolf dies. "They don't know about us though."

"You were seen with him. That's enough for them." His point was driven hard. Night fell and the cold settled in. All that was in the cage with us was a toilet and some straw. "They treat us like animals because that's how they view us." Dad explained to me. I lay down on the straw though and let sleep attempt to take me. All I felt though was the cold of concrete.

My only clue about how much time had passed was the progress of the moon. I would close my eyes for a little bit and the moon would change positions. Just before sunrise they opened the cage and woke us by dumping water with wolfsbane on us. My father let out a hiss but I just woke up. "Who wants to go first today?" Professor Morgan asked us. Neither father nor I answered him and he sighed. That's all I needed to tell he had already decided before he came down here. I was dragged to my feet and dragged by the hair.

"Stop! Don't hurt my daughter!" Professor Morgan just laughed and threw me back in. My father got up and followed him out. He was strapped to a chair right in front of me. Professor Morgan was the one who would obviously conduct the stream of torture. "Alright, now, where is Theo Michaels pack?"

"I will not betray my alliance with him by telling you." Bad move dad. One of the hunters pulled his head back as another one put a towel on his face. Professor Morgan dumped a gallon of water on the towel. Based on my father's screams and the smoke coming from the towel wolfsbane was involved. They removed the towel and my father had some minor burns on his face.

"I will ask again. Where is his pack?"

"I will not tell you the location of my daughter's mate." There goes the one card that would have kept me safe. All eyes turned to me and they looked at me like I was public enemy number one now. In fact, I'm one hundred percent sure I was. "Her? She is Theo Michaels mate." Professor Morgan laughed as he walked over to me and brought me out of the cage.

I was thrown on the floor and a knife was pressed against my throat. "So, that's why you were with Mr. Michaels that fatal day Abbie. Was he planning on taking you to a romantic place? Huh? Maybe mate with you and make you his?"

"Technically I was his the moment I was born. The moment the Moon Goddess pared us together." That was the first time ever that I mouthed off to a professor. What did it earn me? A slap in the face, that's what. "Now Abigail, those were a poor choice of words. I'm just upset your dear, old, daddy will have to suffer."

A needle was pulled out and injected into my father. "Pure wolfsbane Abbie. It will be a wonder if he doesn't die from it." Tears started streaming out of my eyes. "Now, tell me what Theo's weaknesses are." Father just looked at me and shook his head. A clear sign to stay silent. My silence just resulted in a stab to my father.

"I don't have time for games Abbie. My war isn't with you or your father." He had a point. Maybe we would go free if I told him. But could I betray Theo like that? No. I couldn't. Someone grabbed my arm and made a long shallow cut along it. The blood came but the cut wasn't deep enough to have me possibly bleed out.

"What kind of protection does he have?" I just turned my head away from him. I couldn't let him see me cry. He would win then. "God! Both of you are so stubborn!" I saw just enough to know my father was stabbed again. This time it was in the stomach. A bucket of wolfsbane water was thrown on me and it burned so much. My skin was on fire and I let out a scream.

"I grow tired of this game Abigail." Professor Morgan came over to me and pulled my head up. "Where are the weakness in his packs defenses?"

"I won't tell you. Even if he moves on from me I won't tell you." That was the final straw. The malice in his eyes took over. I was dragged up by my hair and thrusted in front of my father. "Anything to say old man." The man who I only saw cry once had tears in his eyes once more.

"I'm sorry Abigail. When your mother died I shouldn't have let you think it was your fault, because it wasn't. When you shut yourself up I didn't understand why at first. It dawned on me the day you left that you did that because you feared we would make you an Omega or a slave. I'm so sorry I didn't quell your fear like I should have. I failed you. You would be such a different person today if I had helped you. I love you and your brother Abbie. Never forget that."

The tears sprung from my eyes and through them I saw someone grab a sword. "No!" Professor Morgan had one of his arms across my upper body and one across my torso. "Let me go!" I screamed as I struggled against the arms. "I'm sorry." My father mouthed to me just before I felt the blood splatter on me. Something had hit me as well. I shouldn't have looked at the floor at what had hit me.

My own father's severed head had hit me. Now it was face up at my feet.

Authors Note

Hey guys! Thank you for over 1K reads! So, who's POV do you want the next chapter to be from?