The I Love Yous

"You can do this." I muttered as the white dress stared at me. It was quite elegant. A simple design was embroidered into it with a jeweled belt going around my center. The sleeves came over my shoulders in a tank top strap way. I could do this. My pack was counting on me to do this.

Louise hasn't been seen since that day she tried, and almost succeeded, to break Theo and I apart. In two weeks it has been too quiet. Nothing but talk of the wedding has gone around. My gut told me that she would make an aperence today. Often I found myself looking around every turn for her.

I closed my eyes and let turns run through my head. I knew I couldn't practice them without ruining my hair which my brother's mate so carefully did. My hair was held half up with a jeweled clip. Soft curls covered every single strand of hair. Honestly I thought it would just get in my way. On very rare occasions I wore my hair down.

Bria walked in to help me put the dress on. She had helped plan the wedding so I got to know her well over the past two weeks. The five foot four inch redhead my brother was matted to is actually one of the funniest people I've ever met. Whenever she told stories about her past it was all so animated. She put passion behind retelling her stories. I wouldn't be surprised if she became a writer.

As she helped me get the dress on the weight of everything started to settle in. For a finishing touch she put a diamond necklace on me that belonged to my mom. "Are you ready?" She asked. Was anyone ever ready to get married? I nodded that I was but the reality was that I didn't know. Theo and I had fought a few times about planing the wedding. It was hasty so both of us had to give up things we really wanted.

There was one night last week where we argued until two am about small things that were irrelevant. It got so bad and I said such harsh things that when we both calmed down we thought I might be pregnant since wolves were more sensitive to the hormone changes.

Good news is I wasn't and I am still not. I took like five tests and went to get checked by the pack doctor to be one hundred percent sure. Now that the wedding is just an hour away doubt filled my head. Was Theo keeping Louise on the sidelines until after we were married? Was she going to ruin today? Am I actually going to make it to the alter?

My breathing came in eight counts. If only I had one more day! Yesterday I spent all day just dancing. My feet were sore as hell and the heels weren't making things better. James came and kissed Bria before coming to me and taking my hand. "It's time."

This was it.

Theo had insisted on having the wedding outside since it was still warm out. Guests sat on benches made of logs and such. My way was made clear by the stone path dotted with roses. At the end, Theo awaited me. His tux was a sharp black with a rose attached to his jacket. James kept me steady until Theo took my hand up front. There was no turning back now.

"We gather today to complete a bond forged by the Moon Goddess before these two were born with a human tradition." The minister started. It was a very standard way to start a ceremony for our kind. The ceremony always started with a thanks to the Moon Goddess for the mate bond. The minister delivered it and then went into this whole speech about how precious life is and how we as a people would not survive without the mate bond.

"Abbie, the moment I saw you dancing my heart was yours." Theo started his vows with. "Ever since then I have tried to live up to what you deserve in a mate. I haven't always done the best at that. Heck, we know I've probably done a crap job at it." This brought a few chuckles from the crowd. "I can not say how blessed I am to have you as my Luna. Everyday I will try to be what you deserve and each day I will try harder until the cold hands of death separates us from each other."

As he slid the ring on my finger one thing went through my head. How in the world was I going to top that!!!! God damn it! My vows wouldn't be near as lovely as his.

"I'm not very good at this." My voice was quiet but some how everyone heard it. "I've never been the pretty one, the smart one, or even the one who everyone liked. That is until I met you. Before that day in the woods I wouldn't be cought dead talking in public to a guy. Ballet was the only thing that kept me going. I had a dance partner and a best friend."

I snuck a glance and a smile at Adam who was in the front row next to his three month pregnant mate. He gave me a small smile back. My eyes then shifted back to Theo. "Now I have a dance partner for life and a lover. One who accepts me for spending twelve hours by myself dancing some days. One I love."

Theo's half crooked smile let me know what I said was good. The minister gave Theo a look. "Alpha, you may kiss your Luna." His hand cupped my cheek as his lips came down to mine. This kiss was less passionate then others but that made sense since we were in public. His lips were still tender and loving against mine though. Even though I was in the moment my ears still registered the clapping.

There was a slow clap that stood out above the rest. Theo tensed up as we broke apart and we were faced with the eyes of Eric Morgan. "Such a lovely ceremony. Honestly, I don't think I've seen a cuter one." His voice was sinister and filled me with dread. "Leave now. We have no intrest in harming you." Theo commanded. "How did you even find us?"

"A little wolf told me." And out from the shadows came Louise. The brunette had a smirk on her face as she waved teasingly to Theo. "We found her about two weeks ago. Promised I would spare her life if she gave me information." Fifteen more hunters came out from the shadows surrounding him. Eric pulled out a gun and shot Louise. Her body crumpled on the floor as blood puddled around her.

"Too bad I never intended to keep that promise. She was very entertaining." He shifted the gun so it pointed at Theo. He pulled the trigger and then everyone stopped dead in their tracks with shock.