"Mhm?" I mumble before turning to look at her. There's a look of confusion on her face as she's thinking something over.

"You said your band was lazy and didn't do much. How are you on a tour across state if you guys are lazy?"

I laugh inside my head. Across the state, I wish. We're across the country and up a little bit into Canada, nothing like across the state. "I might have lied a teensy bit. The band isn't small, we've gotten pretty big actually. We're on our North American leg of the tour right now, then we head up to the UK for some more shows. I don't know, I guess I wanted to be normal for a little while."

She laughs. "Most likely to become famous indeed."

There's a buzz in my back pocket and I pull out my phone and curse at the screen. The show starts in an hour and a half.

"What?"

"I have to go. The show starts in an hour and a half and I still have to get back."

"Do you want me to drive you? It's a five minute walk."

I contemplate this for a moment. That's definately smarter. "Would you mind? I'll even get you a backstage pass."

She smiles. "What if I don't like your music."

"Then you don't have to stay, but it's the only thing I can offer."

"Okay, whatever. C'mon you don't want to be late."

She stands up and I realise she's quite tall, maybe three or four inches shorter than me, which is quite substantial to my six-foot-plus frame. We walk about five minutes before arriving at a small set of apartments. She pulls a set of keys from inside her pocket and unclocks a small silver car. I follow her inside and quickly buckle the seatbelt.

"Where are we going?" She asks.

"I don't actually know which venue we're playing, but I came that way." I say as I point to the left.

She starts the car and pulls onto the street. The traffic isn't as heavy as it could be, so after a haphazard set of directions we areive outside the backdoor.

"This is huge." She whispers quietly as I lead her through the back door.

"I suppose it could be nerve wracking if you aren't used to it." I tell her.

"What do you do in the band?"

"Guitar." I smile a little, I haven't played my cutom black matte eclipse in a while. I jog through the maze of halls with her hot on my heels. My phone buzzes in my pocket again and I slow to pull it out.

From: bae
JACK WHERE R U
THE SET STARTS
IN AN HOUR
Read 8:47 PM

To: bae
chill im backstage
Delivered 8:48 PM

"Okay, we have to hurry. My band's looking for me." I tell Maria before pulling her through another two turns and right to backstage. Alex is still on his phone as another text comes through.

From: bae
i dont c u
Read 8:50 PM

To: bae
look up fucker
Delivered 8:50 PM