Chapter 19

Rogue's pov (Man it's been awhile! XD)

I stood anxiously beside Sting. I was so scared. If we lost... It'd be all my fault! I don't want to fail! I looked down and let out a shaky breathe. This time, instead of Sting grabbing my hand, I grabbed his. I squeezed it tightly. I felt Sting's gaze on me, but I didn't look at him. Instead I kept my eyes on the announcer.

"The winner is... Sabertooth!!!!" The announcer said. Natsu stared at him shocked. His mouth fell open. I smiled and hugged Sting tightly. He hugged me back. We separated and I saw Sting looking at Natsu smugly. I nudged him. He blinked then smiled at me.

Time skip

After the battle there was a party to celebrate our victory. I was standing awkwardly off to the side. I wasn't good with parties. Never have been. I think... Sting was chatting with Natsu and Yukino was with Lucy. I sighed a bit. A man with piercings came up to me. He clapped me on the shoulder I jumped.

"Um... M-May I help you?" I asked.

"You're the *Hiccup! man of the *Hiccup! party!" He said. I recognized him as Gajeel. The lead guitarist of the Fairies.

"I-I uh... D-Don't think so..." I said. Gajeel grinned. He was obviously drunk. I pushed his arm off me.

"Come *Hiccup! with me. Let's go *Hiccup! get a drink!" He said. I sighed. I figured one drink couldn't hurt...

Sting's pov

"So. We didn't have a chance eh?" I said. Natsu scowled at me.

"Get me a drink!" I ordered. Natsu opened his mouth to protest, but quickly closed it. He stomped off to grab my drink.

"Make sure it's not drugged!" I called after him. I saw him roll his eyes, but I knew he would make sure it wasn't drugged. Even though we didn't always act like it, we were close friends. He was my second best friends after... Ryos...

"You okay?" I looked over and saw Yukino looking at me concerned.

"Y-Yeah... Just remembering some things..." I said quietly. She looked at me sympathetically.

"Here's your drink." Natsu said. He noticed my expression.

"Hey... What's up?" He asked. I gave him a forced smile.

"I'm fine." I said. Natsu grabbed my arm and dragged me away. We walked out of the building. He shoved me against the wall.

"Bullshit." He said. I sighed and gave him a small chuckle.

"I never could get anything past you." I said. Natsu grinned before looking serious.

"Now what's up." He asked.

"You... remember Ryos... Right?" I asked. Natsu nodded.

"You guys went to the same college, right?" He asked. I nodded.

"I... I got a offer from Jiemma... I could have the career I wanted... But I would have to leave everything behind and leave with him immediately... I... I accepted and I... I left without telling Ryos. And to make matters worse... We had an argument the day before..." I said. I covered my eyes with my hands. Tears were threatening to come out.

"Wow... That's harsh..." He said.

"Gee, thanks." I said sarcastically. I sighed.

"I've been trying to find out what happened to him, but nothing's come up. It's like he disappeared." I said. "All information about him has vanished."

Natsu frowned. "That is weird." He said. I nodded gloomily.

"Well, let's not worry about that! Let's go party. We can worry about Ryos later." He said. I nodded and gave him a smile. We walked back into the party. I decided to let myself go. I didn't want to worry or feel guilty tonight. It was a time to celebrate!

Rogue's pov

I sat at the bar with Gajeel. I was sipping my beer slowly. I was hoping, praying, that he would leave soon. I really didn't want to get drunk. I sighed. I noticed that Gajeel had gotten distracted and decided that now was a good time to escape. I slipped away and decided to find Sting. I saw him with Natsu.

"Heeyyy Roguey~" He slurred. I frowned.

"You are why to drunk Sting, we're going home." I said firmly. I looked around, but it looked like everyone was at least a little tipsy. I sighed. We could pick up the car tomorrow.

"C'mon Sting." I said. I grabbed his arm and dragged him away from an intoxicated Natsu. I dragged him all the way home. He complained the whole time. I grabbed his keys and opened the door. Once it was open I threw Sting inside.

"Roguey~ I wanna play some more!" He complained. My cheeks turned bright red at that. I silently cursed Minerva for corrupting my mind.

"Let's get you to bed." I said. I picked him up and walked to our room. I managed to grab his pj's and then I locked him in the bathroom.

"You're not coming out until your changed." I said firmly. I heard him bump into somethings. I winced at every crash.

"Okayyyyy! I'm done Roguey~" He said. I sighed in annoyance. I made a mental note to kill Natsu later for getting Sting this drunk. I opened the door. Sting grabbed me and pinned me against the wall.

"St-Sting!" I yelped, blushing furiously. He put his nose on my neck. I shivered when I felt his warm breath on my neck.

"Smell good..." He murmured. I tried to push him off.

"You're drunk Sting! Get o-off of me!!" I said, still blushing.

"Don't wanna." He said. I finally managed to push him off.

"Go to bed." I said sternly. He pouted and walked back to our room. But not before somehow managing to give my neck a lick. I blushed and moved my hand to my neck. I peeked into the bedroom and saw Sting passed out on the bed. I gave him a fond smile before changing and climbing into bed with him.

"This is your new room." Shad said.

"O-Oh..." I said. I looked around. There was a bed, a desk and closet. It was bare and empty.

Suddenly I was pushed up against the wall. Shad was right in front of me.

"Listen here kid. I'm in charge. Don't think for a second that you're free." He said glaring at me.

I stared at him in fear. I started shaking. He smacked me across the face.

I fell to the ground and he started beating me. After a few minutes he left. I curled up in a ball and started crying.

Why do I get this? What have I ever done to deserve this? I thought.

I woke up. Not again! I thought. I felt something wet go down my cheek. I sniffled. More tears fell. I tried to get up, but I realized that Sting was snuggling with me. My face turned red. I sighed. I guess I'll just wait for him to get up.