Chapter Twenty One

“You should sing for me” Janie exclaimed, I looked over at her and shook my head as I scoffed.  She stared back at me, a hopeful look ever present on her face.

“You’re kidding right? You want me to just break out in to song?” I laughed

“Those kids on Glee do it, why can’t you?” She remarked with a cheeky grin.

“Those kids on Glee are actors. I’m not, I don’t know if I could handle having all eyes on me.”

Janie looked me up and down and shook her head.

“You’re made to have all eyes on you Sarah. There is just something about you that pulls others in.”

“riiiiiight. I’m hardly a Victoria’s secret model” I scoffed, my voice dripped with sarcasm as I rolled my eyes.

“I don’t mean just because of the way you look Sarah. Which just for the record, you’re actually a very stunning girl. I meant there is just something about you that demands attention. I know because the first time I met you, I knew I’d met someone that was going to change my life. I just didn’t know how yet.”

“That’s a bit dramatic”

“No, it isn’t and you know, even though you won’t admit it to me. I bet that Nick feels the same too. The guy hasn’t seemed the same since you walked into the office.”

“If that were true he wouldn’t be engaged still Janie”

With that, Janie let go of the discussion and then left my bedroom.

I left the room myself a little while later to make something for dinner only to find Josh had made tacos. Feeling hungry and pretty much well I made two tacos and sat down at the table to eat with the others.

“So, this work trip in a month. I was thinking one night we could go to a luau. I was googling Hawaii and it’s one of the must do things.” Josh exclaimed excitedly.

My mouth dropped. The resort destination was Hawaii? It had to be some kind of joke.

“Hawaii?” I questioned, placing my taco back down upon my plate.

“Yeah Nick sent out a mass email today with group dates and information. Kind of shocked myself. It’s the first time in five years something like this has been planned” Marc replied with a smile

“It’s almost like the guys gone crazy in love” Janie added with a mischievous grin.

I shot my eyes in her direction and shook my head subtly. The last thing I needed (or wanted) was the boys asking questions, even though I was pretty sure Josh was already wondering.

“Luau sounds like fun, will Sarah and I have to wear coconut bras and hula skirts?” Janie laughed as she nudged me in the side with her elbow. I kept my eyes down as my face reddened. Of course she’d suggest something silly like that.

“Well I don’t think anyone would complain if you do!” Marc remarked.

“I still can’t believe the destination is Hawaii” I mumbled, suddenly not very hungry.

“I’ve been there once, as a teenager. My family went one Christmas, you’ll love it” Josh soothed, obviously attempting to set my mind at ease.

“I’ve never been in a plane, I might be scared of flying” I fretted, looking up at Josh with a frown.

“We’ll all be there together, You, Me, Janie, Marc and Nick, you’ll be fine”