Alice

I wake up and squint at the light streaming through Rose's bedroom window. It's our fifth day at the Burrow. It's been pretty eventful, Scorpius has been an absolute gentleman to Rose and she hates it, he's tried to become friends with her again but that's been unsuccessful. James and I hang out all the time and it's absolutely wonderful. The nights are filled with laughter, debating, and quidditch. I smile at the thought of the past few days then I laugh and look at the mess of clothes and an assortment of quiddich posters and cards. Soon I'm out of bed and already dressed in my favorite tank top and pull on some denim shorts. After slipping on a pair of socks I walk slowly down stairs careful to not cause loud creaking noises to fill the house.
"Good morning Alice! I'll have breakfast ready in a wink," Grandmum Molly smiles cheekily as I walk through the bright kitchen.
"Okay, is anyone else awake?" I ask breathing in the wonderfully scented air wafting from where Grandmum Molly is cooking.
"Yes, James, and your father are outside gardening and my husband had to take care of something at the Ministry," she says before gent shooing me out of the kitchen.
I laugh my thanks before going back up stairs to grab my wand and broom. Quickly I run downstairs and run out to the garden. I tackle James in a hug then give my dad a quick hug.
"I better go, your mum is waiting for me," Dad says then apparates.
"What were you doing gardening with my dad?" I ask with a smile.
"What your boyfriend can't bond with your dad?" He questions then kisses my cheek," So how's everything with Rose?"
"She's mad at Albus for inviting Scorpius. She's confused with Scorpius. They were at each other's throats last year and now Scorpius is calling her by his old nicknames for her, complimenting her, and I see the old Scorpius coming back but is not the old him. It's a new Scorpius and an old one combined I guess you could say," I explaining.
"I know Rose is against Scorpius ever since end of third year but why is that? Didn't they go to the Yule Ball together?"
"Yes they did but-" I start to explain then the dreams and memories of Allison, Jane, and Phoebe flood back.
"Are you ok? You don't have to talk about it if you don't want to," James suggest and grabs hold of my hand.
"I'd rather not talk about it. It wasn't a fond time," I reply.
"Would playing Quidditch cheer you up?"James asks with a smirk as my face lights up.
"Of course!" I smile as James and I go one on one in a quiddich match. We've been at it for a while now and James is winning, of course.
"Alice! James! Come in it's time for breakfast!" Grandmum Molly shouts and fly down. Swiftly I dismount off my broom and run into the Burrow. I take my seat between Rose and James then put some pancakes, eggs, and bacon on my plate. As everyone files in and sits down, I chat with James about Hogwarts and Quidditch. I look over at Scorpius making lovey dovey eyes all over Rose.
"Scorpius," James says and Scorpius looks up," You're drooling mate." Everyone around the table snickers as he wipes away drool from his mouth.
"Excuse me I need some fresh air," Rose announces and heads outside. Scorpius and Albus start to stand up but I hold up my hand.
"I got it," I say and follow Rose out of the crowded kitchen. Rose is pacing back and forth on the lawn.
"What's wrong Rose? You were fine yesterday," I ask.
"The first day we were here Scorpius was saying how I smell like bread. When I was told of the Burrow trip I was planning on coming to the Burrow to relax with family and friends, not Scorpius Malfoy! Albus knows how I feel about him yet he still brought him. Last year we didn't talk expect for trash talk and who's smarter now he wants to be friends again and he's legit drooling over me!" Rose explains clearly frustrated. She lets out a scream.
"Rose, breath, in and out," I advise.
"He's dating that rotten girl, Phoebe! He shouldn't be drooling over me, opening doors for me, and telling me how I smell like bread! His personality is a wee different, it's like he took down a wall he's been building up all these years."
"Rose how do you even know it's because of you? Maybe he realized that he need to take down that wall. Maybe now he knows that he just needs to be a gentleman. And maybe he was drooling over that delicious breakfast Molly was making. What's wrong Rose?"
"Nothing is wrong. You just know how I feel about Scorpius. He's a traitor, he's dating Phoebe, and he's friends with Allison," Rose tells me in a hushed tone.
"Then go in there and act like nothing's wrong because nothing is wrong," I tell her and Rose smiles.
"You always know the right thing to say don't you? I'm not going to let that Scorpion King bother me," Rose says and we walk back in. Everyone turns silent as we walk in.
"Carry on," I tell them and sit back down in my spot. I finish eating my breakfast then walk outside with James and Rose.
"So Rose you need to release some stress so how about we practice some spells or dueling?" James suggest.
"Sounds great," Rose replies and her and James start dueling. We all alternate so we each get to practice.
"Are you guys dueling? I'm in!" Lily says and Hugo, Lysander, and Locran all agree. Soon everyone was out on the front lawn and we were all watching pairs duel.
"Scorpius is the reigning champ! Anyone care to take on the Scorpion King?" Fred shouts and everyone quiets down.
"I will," Rose announces then walks over to Scorpius.
"Is this a good idea?" I whisper to James and Albus.
"Probably not," James says with a smile.
"This will be interesting," Albus whispers.
"Witches and Wizards please make your bet then step back for the duel of a lifetime. No it's not Harry Potter and Voldemort but Rose Weasley and Scorpius Malfoy!" Fred shouts.
"They are both going to die," I mutter and bury my head in James' shoulder.
"And duel!" James shouts and I turn back to Rose and Scorpius.
"Colloshoo!" Scorpius shouts.
"Protego!" Rose backfires," Expelliarmus!"
"Protego! Petrificus Totalus!"
"Protego! Locomotor Mortis!"
"This is going to take forever!"
"Protego! Incarcer-
"Stupefy!" Rose shouts before Scorpius could finish and he's stunned.
"And we have a new champion! Rose Weasley!" Fred said and lifts her hand up. Albus walks over to Scorpius and says," Rennervate."
Everyone crowds around Rose, I give her a quick hug then walk over to where Albus is with a conscious Scorpius.
"What happened?" I ask.
"What do you mean? I lost," Scorpius says and looks over at Rose with a smile.
"Scorpius, you were one of my best friends in third year, I know you're lying. You're a spell wizard, quite literally. You could've easily beat Rose," I tell Scorpius.
"I let her win ok? Rosie needed it, I don't know what I did to upset her but I knew losing would make her happy. As she yelled earlier, I tore down that wall I was building, I'm embracing my awkward geeky side but I still have my smooth, witty side," Scorpius explains.
"That's the Scorpius I knew," I tell him then walk back to Rose.
"You did great, Rose," I told her and she smiles.
"Thanks Alice you did great too," Rose says.
"How are you feeling now?" I ask.
"Better, much better." Rose replies and walks over to talk to Lily and Hugo. I look over at Scorpius looking at Rose and smile.
He didn't do that just to make her happy, he did because he still likes her whether he'll confesses it or not.
A.N.- Hey guys! So sorry it took so long to update. Both of us have been so busy with school and everything. We really hope you enjoy this chapter! The next chapter is being worked on right now!
XOXO, Alice_and_Rose