I Am Literally Too Tired To Think Up A Chapter Name

Dan came home from the hospital the next week with strict instructions from the doctors not to do anything strenuous. It took less than a day for Dan to become bored of you and Phil waiting on him hand and foot.

2 weeks after his homecoming he went back to the hospital for a check up. He was told to not be on his feet more than an hour a day. He of course didn't listen which meant you and Phil had to monitor how long he was up.

After a few days the flat was running low on supplies. Phil was visiting Caspar, so you didn't want to leave Dan all alone. He would undoubtedly try to walk around as much as he could before you came back. But you were hungry and the only thing in the fridge was some tofu left over from Dan's vegan days. You decided to run to the shop as quickly as you could and try to come back before Dan even knew you were gone.

Less than an hour later, you came home with groceries in hand. On your way to put all the food away you didn't see Dan wandering throughout the house, which you took as a good sign.

You peeked into the bedroom and saw Dan reading a piece of paper on the bed. He smiled when you opened the door fully. When you collapsed next to him on the bed you saw what he was reading.

"I thought you gave the letters to the police."

Dan nodded, "They gave them back."

"Well, why are you reading them?"

"I want to find my little brother; so I just wanted to see if I missed anything."

Silence took over the room. Dan opened his mouth to talk several times but you had to coax him to actually say anything.

"In one of the letters... Whoever is doing this wrote to ask you about your brother. I didn't even know you had a brother."

"There's a reason for that." You mumbled, bitterly.

"Why?"

You sighed. "He was sort of weird while I was growing up. Not quirky weird. Creepy weird. We were never close. Then one day, I was 12, he just... disappeared. Never saw him again."

"Disappeared? Like ran away? Or kidnapped like Dillon? Or-"

"I dunno, Dan. My parents told the police, but they were never able to get a lead. He was 19 anyways. Maybe he just wanted to live his own life."

"Why did X want me to know about him?"

You shrugged, "We're calling him 'X' now?"

"Maybe because he was kidnapped. Just like Dillon!"

You were about to tell Dan to shut up, but the doorbell cut you off before you could start.

"I'll get that." When you opened the door you were surprised by the person on the other side.

It was your ex.

You stared at each other for a full minute before he spoke.

"Hey."

"What are you doing here?" It sounded harsh, but it honestly matched how you were feeling.

"I saw on your twitter that your friend had been shot. I just wanted to ask of you needed anything."

"Boyfriend, actually." Dan said from behind you. He put his arm protectively around your waist. You could see anger in your ex's expression for a moment before he put a friendly face back on.

"Well, you're back on your feet quickly." Dan nodded, stonefaced.
"We don't need any help. Thanks." You said.

"Okay. I guess I will see you later, then." He waved before walking down the hall.

You shut the door and turned towards Dan.

"Boyfriend, huh?"

Dan shrugged. "I thought I'd try it out."

"I like it. Think it will stick?"

Dan laughed. "I hope so." He kissed you on your forehead. You gave him a small shove.

"You need to get back to bed." After a few minutes of arguing you compromised that he could sit on the couch in the lounge, and you would keep him company.

"That was weird, your ex just showing up." He said after getting settled into his sofa crease.

"Yeah."

Dan shrugged it off and began asking you about what you wanted to watch on Netflix. You couldn't get your ex out of your head as quickly as Dan had.

Honestly, the amount of anger you'd seen in your ex's face terrified you.

A/n: That awkward moment when...

VOTECOMMENT FOLLOW FOR A FOLLOW

VOTE
COMMENT
FOLLOW FOR A FOLLOW

Later