The mountain of snow

It took the fellowship almost two days to reach the foot of the mountain of snow. 'We shall rest here for the night' Gandalf said as the fellowship halted.

'I saw a deer' Emily beamed as she ran into the woods searching for the deer, Legolas followed her 'my lady it's not safe to leave the fellowship' he exhaled 'but, I saw a deer' she said giving him an adorable look.

'Don't look at me like that, your eyes are very powerful' he smiled.

'Shut up' she chuckled as she walked towards a small clearing 'maybe if we wait here for a while we would see the deer again' she smiled.

'Are you serious?' He looked at her.

'I've never seen a deer, that looks like that' she looked at him in despair 'Your so funny' Legolas chuckled at her innocence 'Deer, where are you?' Emily called as she began to walk around in circles, Legolas ran towards her and covered her mouth with his right hand and pulled her close.

'What's wrong?' She whispered.

'I heard something' he said and holding her close he took out his bow and arrow.

'My lord Legolas' Roland appeared, Legolas smiled as they greeted each other with a hug.

'And my lady' Roland smiled as he hugged Emily.

'I'm sorry, but who are you?' Emily questioned.

'Are you serious?' Roland chuckled.

'He's the Chief of our army, my lady' Legolas said as he whispered to Roland that the lady had a loss of memory. As they walked towards the fellowship Ellie was in tears as she ran towards Roland and they hugged each other tight.

'I missed you' they said as they kissed.

'Am I missing something out here?' Emily asked.

'They were in love before and still are' Legolas said.

'Okay, that's a big part I missed then' Emily chuckled 'Where is my memory?' she grumbled as Legolas looked at her. The four hobbits and Boromir was in shock an elf and a human in love everything is getting so twisted, Ellie told Roland about their quest and about Emily.

'But how did you come to know we are here?' She asked 'My lord Legolas, send word from Rivendell that you were here and I had to come for sure' he said. Ellie thanked Legolas for everything and said 'I know one day Emily's memory will return for sure she loves you, you should know that'.

Emily was really curious about Roland and Ellie she asked about them from the start which Ellie explained with joy 'I'm so happy for you' Emily squeaked 'by the way do you know about Legolas? he never told me about his lady love but I know you know her, you were about to write a book weren't you?' Emily questioned.

'Yes, I was but not now let the time come it's not in my place to say it now' Ellie replied.

'I hate you' Emily growled as they slept off.

The next day as they hiked upon the mountain it became colder and colder and the snow began to fall from the sky slowly. 'It's so chilly out here' Emily growled as she hugged her backpack as for Roland and Ellie they looked warm and cozy as Ellie rode with Roland and Roland hugged her from behind. Sam and frodo were sitting in one pony and merry and pippin on another. Gandalf, Boromir, Gimli, Aragorn, Legolas and Emily rode alone. As night approached they took shelter under a cave, the company circled around the fire Emily wrapped herself up in Gandalf's robe as even the blanket she had on was not protecting her from the frost. She wished she could hug Ellie but Ellie was with Roland and she didn't want to disturb the lovers.

The next day they set out again for their journey as they climbed higher it was getting colder and the storm grew stronger. 'This is no ordinary storm' Gandalf yelled as they took refuge under a rock that night, the Rock was not large enough to cover them all. Boromir, Gimli, Aragorn and Legolas had to sleep on the snow without the cover of the rock. Emily looked at them and felt pity as they had to freeze on the snow so that the others may find warmth inside among the four of them Legolas looked calm and least affected by the snowy weather.

The next day as the company moved forth they had to walk on foot as the horses couldn't hold their weights and walk on the snow which came up till their knees. For the four hobbits and the dwarf it was almost up to their waist for the ladies it was up to their thighs, but as for Legolas he was as light as a feather and was walking on top of the snow. The others suffered a lot walking, Emily grabbed Gandalf robe to pull herself up. That night they all had to slept on the snow 'if this continues, I rather die' Emily shrugged as she tried to sleep off.

The fourth day was worser as a snow storm approached and the company had to halt, they couldn't go no further. They felt buried under the snow. Boromir, Gimli, Aragorn, Roland and Legolas tried to clear up the snow so that everyone could sit down as they were sitting on the edge of the mountain and the path was narrow. The four hobbits sat together in circles hugging each other, Roland hold Ellie from behind to warm her up, Aragorn and Gandalf had left for sometime to look at the condition of the path ahead. Boromir, Legolas and Gimli were trying to make a fire but due to the heavy snow nothing was getting lit up, they were discouraged .

Emily couldn't bear the cold anymore she came and sat besides Gimli and rubbed her hands on Gimli warm hands because dwarves were hot blooded. Gimli felt uncomfortable as Legolas was staring at them 'My lady, why don't you let Legolas warm you up elves are the most comforting of all kind' as he called Legolas to come forth.

Legolas came and sat next to her, he could see that she was very cold she looked pale and purple. Legolas pulled her close she was frozen. She didn't say a word she felt like she was going unconscious the bite of the snow was all she felt. Gandalf returned and he lit the fire with his staff as everyone circled around the fire. After a while Emily opened her eyes she could see the dim light of the fire and snow flakes falling down from the sky. She felt warmth in her body and she felt comfort then she found herself laying her head on Legolas chest while he was supporting her head with his arms. Elves are warm and comforting she thought as she felt into a deep slumber.