❌7- Cause and Effect❌

My life is entirely cause and effect.
Mother gets sick, I get bullied for every little thing.
Parents die, I go to an orphanage.
I want to survive, join the black market.

Loneliness strikes me like a disease, and desperation strikes.

Yes, I am fine with being alone in most cases. But, even the most stubborn loners can get lonely. I am no exception. But, I used to be able to shove the lonesome yearning down. That was when I had no one to speak to besides Cynthia and Hyacinth.

Cecil came into my life like a very unexpected storm, thundering upon the void in my mind and heart. A friend I never asked for.

A parasite of affection, where I am the host.

Invading everything. Even my thoughts, searching for the locked door in my mind tightly securing everything personal in my being. Every memory, emotion, and thought was behind it.

Hidden away from those who search for it.

I swung my rifle at my Ghost, not wishing to waste ammo in an attack on him when they could come in handy later. We fought often, usually from arguments one starts. He caught it, grunting slightly as he applied force to the ground, possibly to keep from stumbling. I kept my grip on the gun, flipping myself over it, legs pushing against his chest. His back hit the floor, my boots landing on either side of him as I pulled the gun from his now weak grasp, which fell limply to the ground.
I had a cut on my cheek from when he had sliced at me with his pocket knife, the blood dripping from it now smeared across my face, the same with him where my gun scratched his chest, tearing the black fabric. He groaned, laying his head to the side.
"That's gonna bruise." He breathed with faint laughter. "I'll give you this victory. And the hospital bill." He jokingly said as he weakly pulled himself from the ground. I left him, jumping down to the next building roof, phone in my hand.

"Why is your voice echoing?" Cecil asked curiously.
"I'm in the bathroom- ah, shit." I breathed, flinching as I applied peroxide to my cut.
"That didn't sound suspicious at all." He said.
"I cut myself, jackass. So, what's up?" I asked, scrubbing blood from my neck.
"Eh, not much, really. Another company's trying to get me to do some shoots but my dad doesn't trust their policies." He sighed. If you were as popular in the media as Cecil, other companies would want you.
"Probably the same one that I got an offer from. Guess he know's what he's doing."  I shrugged, opening a band-aid.
"Guess so." He laughed. "They're still going on about those criminals." Cecil sighed after a minute.
"Blue and Green?"
"Yeah, them."

"How come no one's stopped them yet?" He asked as I left my bathroom, phone in hand.
"I don't know. Maybe they don't know the exact times they work." I suggested, the specific answer to his question unknown even to me.
"Could be." He hummed. "Well, I'm gonna let you go, still got work to do." He said.
"Even this late at night?" I almost fell off the couch at the news.
"Unfortunately. See you at work, Mikaela." He said. We shared farewells and hung up.
"Do you have a crush on him?" Cynthia asked teasingly.

"No."

Those of us who arrived late were just now heading to our offices. I, of course, was amongst them. As I walked, a tap on my shoulder startled me. As I jolted, the person behind me squeaked out an apology. I met the emerald eyes staring at me. Wait. Green eyes and black hair, headphones around his neck.
Why was the man who beat my face to a pulp using only a volleyball here?

"Ah, sorry. Glad to see you again, but.. I'm lost." He laughed nervously, rubbing at the nape of his neck. I shook my head, still amazed that we managed to cross paths. Although, my stomach and mind kept telling me he was a little bit strange.
"It's fine. Where are you headed?" I asked. His brows furrowed for a second as he searched.
"The head of the music department, I believe." He mumbled.
"What are you here for, then. I'm sure you got it right, but better safe than sorry." I suggested.
"Remixes. I'm a DJ." He informed me.
"Yeah, Music department. Go to level fifteen and it's the... Third door on left." I directed him, pointing to the elevator.
"Thank you! I really appreciate it." He said, beginning to bolt off. I stopped him simply by grabbing his arm.
"Wait." He turned his head to me, brows curious.
"What's your name?" I asked, giving in to my flaw of curiosity.
"Yuichiro Amane. I have a YouTube, if that helps." He said with a wave, bolting down the hall as my grip loosened. My desk phone went off at that moment, and I hurried to answer, oblivious to all else.

My chair hit the wall as I jumped into it, feet hitting the top of my desk, phone in hand.
"Mikaela Shindo's in the house!" Cecil cheered on the other line, and it seemed far away like he wasn't holding the phone. I chuckled, twirling the wire.
"Sorry, I accidentally threw my pen across the room. I can still hear you, though. So, what happened in the hallway with that dude?" He asked, voicing nearing.
"Oh, just someone who hit me in the face with the volleyball a while back asking for directions to the head of our music department." I shrugged it off, but Cecil coughed.
"He hit you with a volleyball?!" He said through coughs. That led to me explaining the entire day to him.

"Wow. Your life is far more entertaining than mine." Cecil laughed.
"Please. It's as bland as porridge."
"Do people even eat that anymore?"
  He was silent for a good five minutes.

"Well, Google says people do."
"Probably old people." I added. He laughed. He did that a lot, but every time it lifted my spirits, causing a smile to break out across my lips, despite the knowledge that no one was able to see it apart from myself and Cynthia, who would later tease me about it.

My life is a simple matter of Cause and Effect.
Cause; Cecil becomes my friend.

Effect; I give in to my desperation.

And I fall in love with him.