Chapter 7

Lucas's PoV

I got back to my house as quickly as I could, when Zay and I reached the front door it suddenly hit me. The panic of what I was going to say. How it could change everything between me and Maya and I'd be left alone with no one, no one could ever compare to Maya. Zay noticed my worried face and just dragged me through the door. He lead me to the living room where I'd last seen Maya but she wasn't there.

L- "Where has Maya gone? I need to see her"

C- "She went back to her house soon after you left. Why is it so urgent? You could always call her"

L- "No mom, this needs to be done in person"

C- "Oh ok, is there anything I could do to help"

L- "You could drive me to Maya's house"

C- "Ok. Let me grab my coat"

L- "Yes Lucas go get your girl! Can I come?"

C- "Zay! Of course. Let's go"

Maya's PoV

I was lying in bed when I heard a knock at the door. I went to open it to find Lucas, Zay and Cathy, what where they doing here?  The three of them made there way to the sofa and I followed. It was an unusual situation no one had spoken yet.

L- "So Maya I have something that I'd like to say"

M- "Go ahead, what is wrong?"

L- "Mom, Zay would you please go into the other room"

Cathy and Zay left looking very happy like they knew something was going to happen. What was going on? Lucas shut the door behind them and returned to sit next to me. He help both of my hand and looked at me in the eye.  Oh gosh what on earth was he going to say? Did Cathy tell him anything?

L- "Um Maya I've just realised something very important to me and I don't want you to freak out when I say this to you"

M- "OK you're freaking me out a bit saying all this. What's troubling you?"

L- "Maya. I really really like you, like really really like you. Who am I kidding? I love you so much. I don't know why I never saw it before but it's you. Please say you feel the same way"

M- "Lucas I'm so sorry but I don't"