Chapter 2

Okay soo this is the explanatory chapter. More of what Christina felt about Questel and about the plane ride ofcourse. :P

Hope it doesn’t seem too boring.

_________________________________________

Christina

I was asleep for almost all the rest of the journey and I knew I wasn't going to be sleeping that night. When the pilot announced that we were about to land in about twenty minutes I was so excited I felt like all the happiness in world was being showered on me and so before the pilot could land, I thought of getting myself a glass of champagne which was stocked pretty much all the time in all our private transportations.

I called for one of the airhostesses through the button which was attached to side of my seat. When she appeared I told her to bring me a glass of champagne to which she nodded and went off.

Once she was back she placed the tall crystal glass of clear gold champagne in the holder for glasses on the side of the seat. Before I could take a sip, I toasted to myself saying "To all the dreams I will make come true in this place" and smiled to myself, then drinking all the contents within one sip.

Soon, I could feel the plane loosing its original height it was falling a little down, then a little more and that’s when the seatbelt sign came on. But I already had it on so I didn’t have to bother with putting it on, instead I shifted myself to face the window and as the plane went lower and lower, I could see a lot of green pastures and domestic animals roaming all around and very few vehicles. It seemed like we were passing over the country side of Questel. I made a mental note that I was going to visit this place when I was off work.

Slowly we moved towards the city, I could see more cars and transportation. I started getting that happy feeling once again. I just couldn't wait to get off the plane and start moving around in the city.

I could see the airport from the window now that we were just about a few feet above land. It was magnificent. There were lights all around and darkness was descending soon. The sky seemed to look gray, which meant it would rain in sometime. Suddenly, I felt the plane catching speed almost touching the run way. It started catching more and more speed. I could feel the adrenaline rush in my body. I had always loved the landing part.

Once the plane had slowed down, it slowly made its way towards the private hangar. I got up from my seat, pulling my bag on my back from the seat next to me. That’s when I noticed one of my bodyguards, Karl, talking on the phone obviously about the arrangements my dad had made for me and that would be taking me to my apartment.

Karl came to me and said; "Miss, a car has been arranged for you. It is right outside the parking space. Where would you like to go first to your apartment or to eat?"

"Umm I think I would like to go eat something first. Thanks Karl."

"Okay miss." he said and started talking on the phone once again.

Once I got down the plane I took a deep breath in and thought this is it. My life for one year. I looked on my right and saw a sleek black Audi waiting for me. A chauffer already had the door open for me. I walked towards the car and got in.

The driver asked me where I would like to go for dinner and I told him I'd like any place he knows around which served good food. 

_________

While the car exited the airport, I looked around taking in the surroundings. There was a lot of traffic and a lot of people roaming on the streets with shopping bags. I guessed it was the mall next to the airport that attracted that entire crowd.

The city was beautiful. Bright yellow and white lights sparkling at every nook and corner. Tall buildings covered every part of the city and the roads absolutely smooth. The much awaited rain started dropping slowly and flash of lightening escaped from the sky with the satisfied sound of thunder following it. People began running for shelter once the rain became heavier. A few teenagers started laughing aloud and enjoyed the rain instead of running for shelter. I couldn't say I was fascinated as it was a complete understatement. I was mesmerized by the beauty of the rain and the lights and the cheerful atmosphere in the city.

Lost in my thoughts, I hadn't realized when the driver had stopped the car. Finally, we had reached the place where I was going to eat. My stomach was already making weird noises with the thought of food.

It was a small joint of Chinese food. Chinese was my favorite food and I wondered if the driver knew my choice of food or whether it was pure co incidence. Shrugging that thought out, I got out of the car with the chauffeur holding an umbrella above my head. He walked me to the restaurant and I ordered the best food the world had invented.

After dinner, I asked the driver to take me home instead of taking a tour of the city. I could feel the jet lag set in now that some food had gone in my body. Now the only thing I wanted was a soft bed and some beauty sleep and I’d be up to face the next day.

The next day…

I got up when the sun started peeking its way through the curtains in my room. I sat my self up on the bed and went over all the events of yesterday. I was in Questel, living my dream. The one and only I ever wanted. I guessed it was the best thing that could’ve happened to me at the age of twenty-two.

I was excited to start my day and so I got out of bed and grabbed my phone of the table where I had kept it last night. It showed four missed calls and 6 messages. Opening them one by one I realized most of the missed calls were from my mom and dad. The messages were mostly from my brother and my only two best friends, Tia and Kate. All of the three of them asking me how I was and what was it like in here. I decided to ignore the messages and went straight into the bath room for a hot shower.

After I was done with my shower I got out in my towel to remove a pair of clothes I would be wearing for the city tour today. Just as I was about to open m bag to get out some clothes I heard my doorbell ring.

“Shit” I muttered under my breath.

There was nobody in the house except me. No maids had been appointed since I had insisted my parents that I would like to have the apartment to myself and I’d do all the work on my own. They hadn’t argued and so I was content back then. But now, I was slightly regretting my decision. I should’ve asked for at least one helper in the house.

Now that I had no choice I thought of what to do. I roughly opened my still packed bag and removed my lemon yellow bath robe. Quickly putting it on my towel, and tying it lightly I rushed to the door.

I took a deep breath in and opened the door just to see a tall man with a grin on his face looking at me, holding a bouquet of peach roses in his hand. Just then I realized who he was and almost fainted.

_____________________________________________

So... what do you think about this chapter?

Any idea who it is that made Christina faint. As you know she doesn't have any interest in guys as such but obviously this one has made her feel that way.

Guess, Guess, Guess..... :D