Chapter 4 (Derek)

I stood in this apartment, which smelled weird, not bad weird, but somehow weird. In my hand was this bright red hoodie, which smelled just great. The smell of the hoodie was also lingering in the whole apartment. Together it created this weird smell, it smelled like home, like pack, like save, like love. The man in the vet clinic had also smelled like this.

Here it smelled like home, but at my house it smelled like burnt flesh. My family had lived there and now? They were probably dead. Just the thought that my whole family could be dead made my heart speed up.

"Derek? Are you alright?" Immediately I turned around. Right in front of me stood a boy, he was around my age, with short brown hair and whiskey coloured eyes. A wave of his scent hit me and it felt like I couldn't breathe for a moment. He was the one. His scent was all over the apartment.

Without thinking I stepped forward and just hugged the boy, who smelled like home and pack. He seemed surprised at first, but then I felt his arms around me.

"Everything is alright, don't worry." The boy said. I broke the hug by stepping away just the tiniest bit from the boy. In fact I never wanted to be too far away from the boy ever again. Near the door I spotted a bunch of teenagers, but I knew they were pack, too, just like the boy.

In order to prepare myself for the question I was dying to ask, I took a deep breath.

"Who are you all? Why are you smelling like Pack? And what happened to my family?"

Silence followed my questions. Until the boy spoke again. "I think it would be best if we would all sit down." The boy said and already took my hand. I never imagined that it could feel that good to hold hands with someone. "Isaac, Lydia, you two make some tea. Boyd, Liam, get tea cups and sugar and milk out. Jackson, Allison, take plates, the small ones. Kira, Erica, some cookies. Malia and Scott, you get some extra chairs, because a few of the Elders will show up eventually." The boy ordered the others around, while directing me to the couch. The Pack quickly followed the orders, like the boy was their Alpha. But it couldn't be, he didn't smell like an Alpha. Often I had problems with smelling the difference between an Alpha and a Beta, but that Boy didn't even smell like a wolf. We were still sitting and the majority of the pack was already ready with their task, but we were still waiting for tea, when I blurred out. "Are you human?" Immediately I blushed. Really smooth, Derek! I scolded myself.

Apparently the boy was an Angel, because he just laughed at my blushing face, but there was no heat behind it, just affection. "Yes, I am. Sorta." He answered, but before I could ask, what he meant with 'sorta being a human', a boy with curly dirty blond hair and a girl with reddish blondish hair sat down each carrying a teapot.

Now everybody sat and the boy began. "So your first question was, who we are. So, yeah, I'm Stiles. I'm your ... boyfriend. That is ..." I could hear Stiles' heartbeat beat a bit quicker, he was lying, but why? But I let him continue. He was pointing at the Girl with us on the sofa. She had brown long hair a bit curly and pale skin. Her scent reminded me of the man in the vet clinic. "... Allison. And then there is Jackson and his girlfriend Lydia." Already pointing at the next sofa, where four people were sitting. But Stiles was pointing at the Girl, who carried the teapot earlier and a guy, who looked like the Quarterback from every High School Drama Movie ever. Next to them a bald guy with dark skin was sitting next to a blond girl. Those two Stiles introduced as Boyd and Erica, also a couple. On the third sofa were sitting a tanned guy and one, who looked a bit younger than the others and a girl, who looked japanese, but those three had something in common. They all reminded me of puppy's. According to Stiles the tanned one was Scott, the young one was Liam and the Girl was Kira. Next to them was also the guy with the curly hair, Isaac, and a girl with brown messy hair, Malia.

"This is the Hale-Stilinski Pack." Stiles said with a smile, after introducing everyone. "Stilinski?" "Oh, yeah, that's me: Stiles Stilinski. It's our pack to be honest." My brain needed a bit to realize what Stiles was saying. Our Pack. Hale-Stilinski. We were together, or something like that. Stiles wasn't an Alpha. "Am I the Alpha?" I heard my own voice, but my brain, still couldn't catch up. The Pack nodded.

"Derek, this is the year 2012."

I let out a deep breath. "I already though it could be something like this." Stiles smiled at me softly. "'Course you did." There was something really private about this comment. I felt that.

The blond girl, Erica, coughed loudly and both Stiles and me looked up. I guessed we both forgot for a moment, that there were still others in the room.

"So what happened in the last years? What happened to me?"

"We're not sure, but you got deaged by some kind of wolfsbane and ancient Mexican temple magic." Because of Stiles' words I raised my eyebrow skeptically. Still I couldn't hear a lie from Stiles, so it needed to be true, even if it sounded weird.

"So ... What is with my family?" My question made my stomach hurt. Painfully I remembered the smell of burnt flesh.

"They are dead, aren't they?" My voice wavered. Stiles leaned forward and took my hand. Our eyes met and Stiles nodded.

"They got trapped in the house and then died, Derek. Kate Argent did that."

Suddenly my heart stopped. Kate had been my girlfriend or something like that. I had trusted her. I had let her to my family.