19

"I'LL KILL YOU UZUMAKI NARUTO! YOU HEAR ME? I'LL KILL YooooOH GOD IT HURTS!"

Naruto winced as he heard his wife holler through the double doors of the delivery room. At eight months and two weeks, the baby had decided that it didn't like being in Ino anymore and had made the decision to say hello to the world. Naruto was ecstatic that the child was finally coming, but the way Ino was screaming made him fear for his safety.

The fact that Ino had tried to break his hand while she was holding it, and had then tried to choke him wasn't influencing his decision to stay in the waiting room at all.

He remembered back to when Sakura had been giving birth to Hikaru. Not being knowledable at all about babies or the birthing process, he had opted to watch from behind a screen. Once Hikaru was born and handed to Sakura, Naruto had made the mistake of pointing to her crotch and asking if it ever would go back to normal.

That had been a horrible six months on the couch.

He chuckled as he walked that path down memory lane, catching the attention of Inoichi.

"So, what are you going to call the baby? Thought of any names?"

Naruto cracked one eye open and smiled at his father-in-law.

"We ain't naming it 'Inoichi' if that's what you're asking."

"I wasn't suggesting that. I was just wondering if the two of you had come up with anything."

"I haven't. I've already had a kid so I thought Ino should have the honor of naming her first. Besides, I'm not bothering her if she's acting like this. Sakura wasn't this damn violent."

"Well, my little girl isn't exactly a mortal anymore. Maybe demons are more...volatile, when they're giving birth than humans are."

"Maybe. Or maybe that's just the way the women in her family act. Didn't you say Yuka tried to kill you with a hidden kunai while she was giving birth to Ino?"

Inoichi shuddered and looked down the hall to where his wife was sitting, chatting with Tsunade and Sakura, the foxes all close by with the children.

"Yeah she did. It was scary as hell how that tiny woman had me cowering with fear. I usually don't scare easy. It comes with walking people's minds. But her...brrr, man I don't even want to think about it."

"I just can't believe the entire family is blonde. Hopefully the kid will have a different head of hair."

"Why's that? Blonde is a good color."

"Not saying it ain't. I just would like to see a different color."

Before the two could bicker any further, a nurse poked her head out the door and beckoned for Naruto.

"The baby's here and doing fine. If you'd like to see the both of them."

Naruto was gone from his chair so fast, all Inoichi saw was an afterimage.

'Well, here's hoping my grandchild looks cute at least...'

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

"So, boy or girl?"

Tsunade had finally tired of the meaningless drivel that Sakura and Yuka were spouting out constantly about how cute babies were and this and that...ugh, it was becoming most uncomfortable. Since she'd never had a child, she'd settled for mothering Naruto and Hikaru to death. Her fox Penni sat on the bench beside her, purring as Tsunade slightly stroked her fur absentmindedly. It wasn't often the fox allowed herself to be touched, but then again, Tsunade wasn't said to have magic hands for nothing.