It's a new phobia of mine.

The waves on the shore splashed in the distance, and the smell of pine filled Ana's nostrils. The young woman gasped awake, filling her lungs with as much oxygen she could.

She was alive.

Ana struggled to pry her helmet off, tossing it to the side. Next came the chest piece, as her chest rose and fell rapidly. While she was peeling Dorothy off of her, Ana cried endlessly. She hadn't died, but with the amount of blood Pietro lost he probably did. Ana let out an angry and broken scream, chucking the suit pieces around until you couldn't even tell where she landed. Then she brought her focus to her safety, check for any injuries. Luckily all she had was large bruises covering her midriff, upper arms, and her thighs.

"Come in anyone, anyone on comms? I'm alive. Okay? Ana Stark is alive." Ana spoke hopelessly, but heard nothing but empty silence. Her comm was broken.

Ana was lost.

"Okay. Ana, you can do this. Just, just follow your own advice right? Don't die. Just don't die." Ana muttered to herself as she looked around, finding that she was stuck in a clearing in the middle of the forest. Then, she spotted smoke, probably from a campfire. "Okay, yeah, fire. Fire means people, unless, you know, freaking bears figured out how to make fire." Ana mumbled as she trudged through the woods and towards the camp, occasionally muttering things like, 'oh, I should not have watched Supernatural the other day. That tree looks suspiciously like a Windigo.'

But with Ana's injuries, she passed out a mile from where she fell.

❉❉❉

"Is she alive?" A young, thick accented girl spoke, and at the same time Ana felt something poke her shoulder.

"I am alive." Ana groaned as she opened her eyes, seeing kids, not much older than fourteen, standing around her. One of them held a newspaper.

"The paper says you are dead." The boy with the newspaper said, leaning closer to her face.

"She is an Avenger!" The third boy, this one around eight, yelled. His loud voice caused Ana to flinch, she could already feel a headache forming.

"I am, and can you help me up?" Ana asked, holding her hands up and the girl grabbed them, pulling her so she was sitting up.

"How are you alive?"

"I'm a damn cockroach, you can't kill me." Ana said, pressing her palms into her eyes. "Oh, sorry for swearing children."

"Why do they think you are dead?"

"Who?" Ana says as the boy hands her the newspaper, her picture printed crisply on the cover. Ana sucked in a breathe as she grabbed the paper and read the short article attached.

The Avengers saved hundreds of lives during last weeks battle at Sokovia. But, when the dust cleared, it became known one member had given their life to safe another. Ana Stark, younger sister of billionaire Anthony Stark, was declared dead after two days of searching for her body. Steven Rogers and friend Samuel Wilson found the metal suit she was wearing when she fell from the flying city. It appeared broken, and officials have declared the suit fell off the young woman during her descent to the ground. Other injuries on the team include multiple bullets wounds on Pietro Maximoff, the newest member of the Avengers. He was in a coma for three days after the battle due to blood loss, but has since woken up and is expected to make a full and quick recovery. Bruce Banner, or commonly known as the Hulk, has disappeared off the grid using Tony Stark's stealth technology.