09 - the breakfast club

-

-

Jade's POV

-

-

[ ONE WEEK LATER ]

-

I sat in study hall, stares of even more people on me.

Once I glanced up, most glanced away, and some still continued to mug me.

God, I hated high school.

I rose a hand, clearing my throat. "Mrs. Allen? Could I please be excused?"

"Hall pass." She spoke in a monotone as I sighed.

"Sorry, I don't have one.. I forgot to get it from my last class--"

"Sorry, Jade. You can't leave unless you've got one."

"But.. I-I really have to pee." I gushed, clearly lying through my teeth. "Please?" I pretended to cross my legs in anticipation.

"A girl's gotta pee, Mrs. Allen." Luke chided, doing the puppy eyes, as she frowned at him from the door. "Is it considered abuse to a minor for letting her hold her bladder that long?" He sighed in thought, as a few people snickered.

I smirked, glancing at him as I held back a loud laugh.

"Five minutes, Jade." She pointed. "Now hurry up."

I nodded, smiling as I quickly ran by Luke's side.

"What is it?" I chuckled.

"Why weren't you responding to any of my texts!'' He exclaimed while we ran down the empty hallways.

"Mrs. Allen threatened to take them away." I shrugged. "What is it?"

"Calum got the key to the teacher's lounge." He grinned with an excited expression painted on his face.

"Woah, what? How?"

"I don't know! But there's breakfast in there, and everything.'' He laughed.

"You could've just asked me, I'm a teacher's assistant and I have a key in my locker." I shrugged casually.

"Okay, okay show off." Luke scoffed, jokingly narrowing his eyes. "It's fun to be sneaky anyway."

"That is until you get caught." I chuckled as he playfully smushed a hand in my face.

"Okay, okay Hamilton. I get it."

"Mhm." I hummed.

He motioned me in, cautiously looking around. "We have to get out of here before the bell rings which is in ten minutes."

"Got it." I nodded, walking in.

My eyes widened at the sight of Devon with a cigarette between her lips as she flipped pancakes on the mini stove.

Michael was sprawled on the leather couch, Ashton and Calum raiding the fridge.

"Jade!" Devon exclaimed. "Come help me cook these pancakes, they aren't going to cook themselves."