VIII: To Recruit a Werewolf

"Mr Longbottom?" Sophie said, rubbing her eyes

"Mr Longbottom?" Sophie said, rubbing her eyes. "Why are you here? How did you know where I lived?"

Neville stood at the door, a little lost for words. When he had knocked on the door, he had seemed full of purpose. Now, that purpose feeling had been diminished and left with a sort of fear.

"Is your mother here?"

"She's asleep." Sophie said blandly. "Do you know her?"

"Yes, I do. Anyway, can I just give it to you? You might need to wear gloves, it bites." Neville said, regaining his composure.

As he dug around in his large, oversized bag he found a pair of gloves. He handed them to Sophie who slid them on, then passed her a rather oversized bag of moving flower stems (or so it seemed).

"Um, thank you?" Sophie said confused.

"You're welcome, now I must be going. Very nice to meet you, Miss Austen-James. Might I say that you look very much like your mother."

*******************

"Remus? Are you awake?" 

"Good Godric, Juliet, you scared the living daylight out of me!" Remus said, jumping back on his bed. "What do you want now? It's one in the morning..."

"Are you busy? Should I come back later?" Juliet rolled her eyes. "Come on, I need to tell you something."

"No."

"No?"

"Juliet, I really need to sleep right now. If I don't get any sleep now, you'll be seeing grumpy Remus for the whole day. Go back to your dorm room, close the door, put your head on the pillow and go to sleep."

"Don't I need to close my eyes before I go to sleep otherwise I might look a bit —"

"Go!" Remus hissed.

"Alright alright, cool your jets!" Juliet said, putting her hands in front of her face innocently. "I'm off! Night, Rem."

Remus just turned over and fell asleep, not bothering to wave goodbye to her. He needed as much sleep as he could get.

"Juliet, I need to talk to you!" Lily said from the Gryffindor table.

She looked up and scurried over to where Lily was sitting. 

"I'm hungry and tired so this better be good. What do you want, Lily?"

"I heard from James that you went to see Remus last night to tell him something but he wouldn't listen." she said.

"You're obviously bursting to tell me something, you might as well say it." Juliet rolled her eyes, smiling.

"Don't talk to Remus today."