XXIII: Reactions and realisations

"Mum? Are we going down to see Grandma and Grandad soon?" A twelve year old Sophie asked impatiently

"Why? We've just been down there!" Her mother chuckled, brushing her daughters hair.

"I made a friend...his name is Edward and I promised we'd meet again soon. Besides, that was a year ago and we do go down there every year."

*******************

In all honesty, Juliet White couldn't have been dreading the trainride home more. After the exposure of their relationship, she wasn't sure what to do with herself. She didn't know if she should go and sit with Martha and tell her about their relationship or to sit with Sirius. As they all climbed onto the Hogwarts Express, Juliet looked back at her true home, sighed and pushed passed a few students to talk to Sirius.

"I'm going to talk to Martha, I owe her that after I didn't tell her about...us..." Juliet trailed off.

"Sure, do whatever you need to but I want to say goodbye before we leave. At least we're meeting each other over the summer, I guess."

"Yes, that is correct but you don't need to announce that to the whole train. You are aware that you're still standing in the aisle?" She laughed.

"Um, well-"

"Bye, Padfoot."

"See you in a few, Corvus."

Juliet rolled her eyes and walked down the train, slowly peeking in each compartment for any sign of her friends. She did see a few people begin to stare at her but just shook it off and kept walking on. She passed the White compartment and swiftly moved past it, almost at a sprint. Unfortunately, that wasn't enough.

"Oi, Juliet, you have to be joking about being...involved with a Black! You can't be serious!" She heard a voice shriek.

"I'm not Sirius but he is. Anyway, if you don't mind I'm trying to find my friends." She said coldly.

"Oh, aren't we a funny little girl? It makes me nauseous thinking about the fact that I'm related to you. I'm your sister, I really wish I wasn't to be fair. Associating with the Black family? I wonder what mummy and daddy will think, they won't Beverly happy, will they?" Juliet's sister cackled.

"Shut it, Vic." She said sternly.

"Oh, am I embarrassing you? No wonder really since you embarrassed our whole family. You really-"

"I only have a limited amount of time on this earth and I'd rather spend it doing something worthwhile. Sadly, you don't fall into that category so, if you'll excuse me I'll take my leave." Juliet said flatly and walked off as the train began to move.

Further on, she spotted Martha but she wasn't with Thimble or any of the other Slytherins. She was sitting with a Gryffindor boy only. Juliet squinted and blinked a few times to make sure it wasn't just her mind playing tricks on her but it was true. Martha was involved with a Gryffindor.

"Hello?" Juliet said, peeking her head around the door.

Martha shot her head straight up and went red. The boy next to her went completely red and pushed his oversized glasses up his nose. Martha quickly stood up and pulled Juliet into the corridor to talk.

"Look, I understand that you are probably thinking that this is-"

"What are you blabbering about, now? This is great! Who is that?"

"He's called Newt, it's actually a pretty funny story of how we met. I was playing Quidditch and-"

"Sirius and I are together."

"WHAT?! Is he a good kisser?"

"What? Just...no. Anyway, how long have you been together with Newt?"

"Does it matter? What's going to happen to you when you get home to your parents and they find out about you dating Black?"

"That's what I'm dreading...the wait is unbearable, I feel as if I'm going to be sick..." Juliet sighed and then whispered. "What am I going to do, Martha?"

"Get a bucket?"

"It was a rhetorical question!"

*******************

The girl sighed to herself and turned over the page but found nothing here. She sighed and lay on her bed, thinking of the next trip to her beloved Grandparents house where she would be reunited with Edward once more.