V: A dark encounter

"Nice to meet you, Mr Longbottom

"Nice to meet you, Mr Longbottom. My name is Sophie, I'm just waiting for my bus to come. Why are you here?" She asked curiously. "Are you also waiting for the bus?"

He smiled and shook his head. "I'm waiting for a special type of bus, Sophie. Have you seen it? It's a purple, three deckered bus. Can't miss it." He smiled widely, pulling his briefcase into his lap.

"What do you mean? There's no such thing. I've had enough of people lying to me for one day, you better go..." She murmured.

"Tell me about it, it helps to talk to someone about it. Did with me, trust me."

Trust me. Sophie wasn't so sure she wanted to trust a strangely-dressed man called Neville Longbottom who was talking about strange, mythical purple busses. But then again, who else could she trust? Her Grandmother and Grandfather lied to her constantly and she was pretty sure her mother was also under the same, wicked spell. Why not confide in the stranger? What did she have to lose?

"My Grandmother has been telling me this bedtime story over the years since I was little but it was all about this magic school called Hogwarts. She keeps talking about Sirius Black, Juliet White, Martha Hyde, James Potter, Newt Hudson, Andrew White, Paris Lockhart, Frank Longbottom-"

"Did you just say Frank Longbottom?" Mr Longbottom asked, his eyes going slightly glassy. 

*******************

"Judith?" 

"Who's there? I just felt a gust of cold wind rush past me. Must be nothing..." Juliet said, walking along hastily.

"Judith White, listen to-"

"My name is Juliet White for Merlins sake, get it right!" Juliet shouted then swivelled around. "Stop following me, you creep. Don't speak to me, I'm taken by the wonderful Sirius Black. Actually, don't look at me, don't come anywhere near me. Please." 

With that, Juliet walked off leaving Paris Lockhart looking sadly at the floor but with a glint of hope in his eyes. As he started to walk back, pulled his bag over his shoulder but bumped into someone.

"Oh...I-I didn't see you there!" Paris stuttered.

"I-I-I...get a grip." Andrew White said lazily.

"What are you doing here anyway?" Paris asked.

"I needed to talk to you. I know what's going on with you and Juliet and I believe I can make it happen." Paris stated.

"How so?"

"Give me a week, and I promise all your dreams will have come true." Andrew smirked evilly.

"How can I trust you? How do I know you're not going to do something drastic. I've heard you talk about...dark magic and let me tell you something, I'm not into that very much and I will not be apart of some kind of death eater recruitment!" Paris said, shaking ever-so-slightly.

"You're smarter than you look, I'll give you that." Andrew began but his expression darkened.

He took Paris by the collar and threw him against the doors.

"This is how it's going to work, okay? You are going to stop following my cousin around school and I am going to take care of your bride. Give me a week and I promise she'll be yours. If not, do whatever you want to me." Andrew spoke. "But think this, if you dare tell anyone that I'm helping you then you'll be dealing with me. Is that clear?" 

Paris nodded his head feverishly. 

"Now, let's both go to the feast and enjoy our meals. Goodnight, Paris." Andrew sneered.

"G-goodnight, Andrew..." Paris said uncertainly.

And once again, Paris Lockhart was left standing in the Hallway leading up to the Great Hall completely alone and scared to bits of how aggressive Andrew White actually was. 

Poor Judith.

*******************

"Yes, Frank Longbottom has been mentioned in the story. Why, what's wrong? What have I said?" She wondered.

"N-nothing. I have to go." The man said and picked up his suitcase. 

Smoothing down his robes, he stood up stumbling and hastily walked away and around the corner. Sophie went after the man but as she turned the corner he had been a few brief seconds ago, he was gone.

Just like magic.