18. It'll Be Alright

Word Count: 980

Warning: ANGST! 

Description: Gru visits Lucy in the hospital 

--------------------------------

  Lucy's latest mission was a blur. All she remembered was the breeze from kicking and punching the criminals. She blocked as many punches as possible. Her punches were stretched across their faces, sending them bruises. Her kick threw the majority of criminals. Nevertheless, the injured ones slowly rose up, wishing for a round two. Luckily, her spirit was still up. She struck them all with her spinning kicks. At times, she sneaked in her lipstick taser. It all went with ease until her opponents started to huddle ontop of her. Their weights weren't easy to pull of. They started to poke things by her sides. Her ribs were aching. They were crushed her, leaving limited amount of air for the agent. Slowly, the suffocation started to get worst. She had lack of oxygen from her brain and lungs, causing her to faint.

~

Lucy woke up by the pain of her head. Her eyelids slowly opened. Her hand reached for her forehead, until she noticed the tubes and pins the connected her. The redheaded eye's widen. She tried taking them off with her other hand. Yet, only to reveal that her left arm was hanging above her with a blue soft cloth wrapped around it. Lucy tried moving it, but it only caused her pain. Her eyes scanned across the room. The table beside her carried pointy utensils which frightened her. She concluded that this was a hospital. 

The redheaded tried a second attempt on her escape. She rubbed right unwrapped arm agaisnt the fabric of the matress. The agent hoped the clear plastic tubes and pins would be released by all the rubbing. She twisted her arm to see her results. They were still stiff as a board. Lucy rubbed her arm against her side, but that didn't do no good. The loud sound of a "beep" ran off rapidly. The redheaded turned to device beside her. It was her heart beat beeping faster than usual. Lucy needed to calm her self done, or she'd died from a heart attack. She closed her eyelids. Maybe all it took was a nap. But, her nap was cut short by the sound of the door creaking open. The redheaded glanced at the pale blur of the person's face. She blinked repeatedly until her vision was back. It was Gru.

"Lucy." He sighed in relief. The ex-villain walked over to the chair beside the bed. His eyes sweetly met hers. Gru started lightly stroking Lucy's unbroken hand as he talked. "Am so glad yur awake." Began he. "Here," He gave the redheaded a colored paper. "De gurls made it for yu." The paper revealed four scribbled characters with their own distinctive color. Lucy was turquoise, Edith was pink, Agnes was blue and Margo represented green. It showed the drawing of the girls hugging the representation of Lucy and above it said "Get Well Soon."

The redheaded cracked a smile. "Its b-" Her throat dried up. She coughed, giving it an other try. "It's beautiful. Tell them thank you." She handed it back to Gru. The ex-villain placed the doddle on the night stand. 

Gru's arms crossed over each other, he rested his head between them. "So how are yu feeling?" The bald man asked. "Lost, dizzy and confused." She stated. "What happened to me?" Lucy added with a frightful tone. Gru chewed his inner cheek, he hate to break it to her. But, she had the right to know. "Yu fainted vhile de criminals vere ontop of yu." He said. 

"Yeah, I already know that. But, how did my arm get injured." The redheaded asked.

"Vell, after yu fainted..." Gru scratched his neck. "One of de villains through yu off a window."

Lucy gasped.

"Don't get me vrong I was going to rescue yu. Dat was until dey kept me in hostage until Silas came with his whole crew." Gru's fingers ran up to Lucy's arm again. He started to trace her hand with his fingers. "I later found yu covered in scratches, bruises and pieces of glass while yu were entering de hospital truck. Et was pretty severe since et vas a ten-story building." Gru stopped stroking her hand. Instead, he petted her red locks, comforting her. "But my vorries are no more to be found, now dat yur awake." He smiled. 

The redheaded listened in terror. She could have imagine how terrible it was for Gru seeing her at such state. Now she had a broken arm to look after. Her eyes captured Gru's. His warm smile and sweet eyes only made her calm. She was relieved to see her boyfriend again. His appearance was the only thing that revives her.

"So what am I going to do now?" Asked the redheaded. 

"It's better for yu to rest here. And, I believe yu von't be able to go on missions till yur arm gets recovered."

"Are you going to any missions?"

"Not unless yur with me." He chuckled. Lucy laughed as well. Gru's hand slipped down to her cheeks. He leaned forward, pecking her lips. "Dat reminds me. I better go tell Silas yur alright." He stands up from the his. But, the redheaded hastily grasped his wrist. "Wait!" Whined the agent. Gru turns back, sitting down. "Vhat?" 

"D-Do you ever fear I-I might..." She hesitated. "...die?" Lucy continued. 

Those words feared the bald man. A vision he never wanted to witness. His eyes widen. The ex-villain reached for her hands. He firmly grasped them, while making eye contact. "Honey, yu von't d-d...pass. You von't pass away, ok?" He assured. Before he left the room, he kissed her forehead. 

Lucy stared up at the ceiling. She sighed when the aching pain of her body would stop. The redheaded grasped the doodle from earlier. She placed it ontop of her chest before snoozing off.~