5. Exhausted, Yet Awesome

Word Count: 1723

Warning: Nothing 

Description: Lucy, Gru and the girls go for a long walk at the zoo

----------------------------

The sun was beaming brightly from above, making it a perfect day to walk around at a nearby zoo. The sun started to pull off so much heat that everyone wore a cap, sunglasses, sunscreen, water bottles and a small fan that squirts water. Holding hand by hand was Lucy with the girls and Gru just entering the zoo. The redhead grabbed a nearby map to mark all their destinations. The group decided to sit down on a bench before starting their trip. The youngest one's legs swung back and forth from the bench as she looked at Lucy with a bright smile.

"Oh, I can't wait to see the elephants, lions, bears and other creatures!" Squealed Agnes.

"Well if were going to see those then we must head..." She shortly paused looking once more at her map then back at Agnes.

"This way." The agent placed a finger in front of her.

The group stood up and grabbed the other's hand so they won't get lost. The next animal waited for them at the other side. Each step Agnes took was a joy for her. She couldn't wait what animal it was. It was like playing a guessing game you had to guess what animal comes next and after that. Her recent smile still stayed on her face as they reach closer and closer to the animal. She could feel it! What seemed like ten minutes, they finally arrived. When arrived, Agnes broke free from Lucy's hands and skipped all the way to the animal to see it up close.

"It's an Elephant!" She jumped.

Its habitat consisted of enormous trees, as tall as the animal. Grass overtook most of the area but there was a small section of dirt and water, a perfect combination for taking a bath. Two Elephants joined this lovely habitat, one smaller than the other.

The small one was beside a tree munching off leaves, while the other's trunk reached for some dirt.

The remaining of the group joined Agnes, the adults took a seat on one of the benches and Margo and Edith observed the elephant. "Actually, it's an African Bush Elephant." Margo clarified. The girl with the pink beanie hat and the young one observed each movement the elephants made. Agnes' eyes glittered with fascination while the middle child wasn't so impressed. "Did you know that the African Bush Elephant lifespan is about 60 through 70 years?" Added Margo. Edith crossed her arms placing an eye to Margo saying; "No we didn't know that, and we don't wanna know." "Agnes wants to know." Margo adjusted her glasses. She was right the youngest seemed to stare at the Elephant non-stop. She was fascinated what their trunks were able to do, twisting, and turning, no wonder they were such fascinating creatures.

"So you mean these Elephants walked all the way from Africa?" Questioned Agnes.

"No, no, no, there a breed from Africa. And they don't just 'walk' all the way from here. There put in cages carried in boats or even airplanes to travel here." Margo explained.

"There put in cages! Poor animal." The young one let out a gasp.

"But there put in cages so everyone can see these amazing, unique creatures." Added Margo. Agnes smirked and turned back to the animal munching on leaves.

"Alright girls, let's get going to see other animals." Called the redheaded. "Aww man." Pouted Agnes. Her small hands left the railing and grabbed onto Lucy's hand again.

Their next destination wasn't that far as previously, the walk off a few curves until the animal was spotted.

A Mountain Zebra.