15. I Wanna Hold Your Hand

Word Count: 678

Warning: Nothing 

Description: Gru and Lucy hold hands for the first time O///O

-------------------------------

Love can be expressed in many ways: a kiss, a hug and simply holding hands, ect. Embracing someone's hand can mean so much, especially for beginners in love. Just by one touch, it ignites a spark in the couple's heart. But, only if you do this correctly. At times, there's no reason for talking when body language talks for you...

 The two agents were worned off after their mission. Their shoulder and legs ached. They both complained how much their bodies were in pain. Transportation was another problem. Lucy's mini car was at the repair shop for the 10th time. They weren't going to be able to walk back to their individual houses. It was a long way from home and it was too dark to be walking. The redheaded thought if Gru could simply swoop her off her feet and carry her to apartment. But, that was far too much. Their atmosphere hasn't been far from 2 feet. Lucy has even dreamed about snatching a kiss. She knew that would also take a step too far. They've only been with each other since two weeks ago. The redheaded brushed off her silly fantasies and stepped inside the subway train.

It was the only type of transportation they were able to afford. The lights were dim and very few people were boarding. Gru and Lucy sat at an empty corner. Once again, there was gap between their shoulders. Forbidden to be touch. Maybe just too shy to be touched. It was difficult not leaning on Gru's broad shoulders. The agent's eye lids started slowly closing. Her head kept on leaning from one way to the other. Her neck wasn't able to support the twist and turns. Gru on the other hand, was as stiff as rock. His pupils looked straight at the window ahead. His throat was too dry to even start a conversation. 

When the redheaded finally positioned her head at the right spot, she glanced down. Gru's hand was nearby. It seemed so lonely and cold, just as she'd imagine it. Without thinking, she lifted her hand off her lap to pet his. Her thumb lightly brushes his rough knuckles. She starts to get so fascinating by his hand. The redheaded starts to explore his hand more before she embracing his hand. She flips his hand over, now tracing her fingertips at his palm. The redheaded never knew how long Gru could take it before things get awkward. Nevertheless, she adored how Gru's hand kept still. Letting every finger crave his palm. It was if he was her to touch and hold. Her lips curl to smile, adoring every moment. 

Gru turns to the redheaded. He realized how fascinated Lucy was with his hand. Something you don't normally see. The agent glanced at the bald man. She blinks hastily before noticing her mistake. By the look at Gru's face, he seemed disgusted. The redheaded immediately placed her wandering hand back to her lap. In a matter of seconds, her face was red and hot. She started averting her eyes off her partner. The previous moments kept on replaying inside her head like a broken record. 

The ex-villain also felt his cheek warm up. He admired the warmth from her partner's hand. He didn't want to make things more awkward than it already was. Yet, he collected all his courage doing the following. Gru turned to the redheaded. He looked up at Lucy's averting eyes. He looked down at her tinted cheeks. The ex-villain chewed the inside of his cheek before doing anything. He briefly pecked her cheek while giving her hand a squeeze. He smirks. The redheaded reflected his smile and continued playing with his hand.

When the redheaded felt it was time to stop she embraced his hand. The fitted like puzzles. Lucy smiled. Her head rested on Gru's shoulder, where she took a nap. It was a lot to take in, but it was worth it at end.