My Cowboy

This is my first story I've ever written. And i want to commit to it! I read so many stories on wattpad and I just have so many ideas lol so yeah I hope you guys like this, I won't continue until I have a good amount of reads just so I know people are actually interested :) so here we go chapter one!!

Oh & FYI most of my updates will be my phone so if things aren't perfect I'm sorry! My computer sucks!

----------------------------------------------

[Ava]

I've always been the type of girl who dreams of that fairy tale love story with that perfect, all-American, country boy.

You know, the one with the dark colored hair and baby blue eyes as bright as the sky? Yeah. That kind.

I've always been a dreamer.

I guess you could say I'm that typical Taylor Swift-listening, YouTube couple-watching, love story-reading, depressed teenage girl. But hey! I have reasons!

Things always haven't been easy for me.

My dad left our "happy little family" when I was just 3 years old. My mom died when I was 7. Leaving me and my only sibling, my big brother Jake, all alone. So we moved in with Aunt Jane. And let's just say jane is friggin' cray. Like cray fish cray. She's just nuts.

Now, I'm 15 and Jake is 18, meaning bye-bye aunt jane's house and into our own!

Here's the thing about my big brother. He's crazy. As hell. Not the "holy shit you lived with jane too long, lock him up" kinda crazy but the "stop making me laugh at the stupid things you do you nut case" kinda crazy. He's always been the perfect kid. He's been the star football player ever since junior high. I guess since mom died he needed some way to get his anger out and football was perfect for him. Especially living in the south. It's the perfect combination. He's a dirty blonde with bright hazel eyes and he's about 6'2. Total ladies man.

And then there's me....

Typical little Ava Gracelynn. The one who looks just like Jake. The short 5'3 blonde with green eyes. The quiet one. The shy one. The one with the perfect brother who everyone loves. But yet everyone loves me too.

Why?

Because they feel sorry for me.

And I don't do well with pity.

I don't like it.

I don't like people walking around feeling sorry for me because of what happened 8 years ago.

I don't like them feeling sorry because I'm so quiet and shy.

I choose to be this way.

----------------------------------------------

[Ava's p.o.v.]

"C'mon Ava let's go!"

"Ava!"

"Avaaaaaa now!"

I could hear Jake yelling to me, did I listen?

haha... you think I listen...

"Noooooo...." I mumbled into my pillow.

"GRACELYNN GET UP"

Great now he's using middle names...

"IM COMING JAKE-ASS!"

2 can play at this game big brother ;)

I stood up and shuffled my feet till I got to the bathroom across the hall.

Sighing, I looked at myself in the mirror. 'Today's the day' I thought.

No more crazy aunt.

I mean hey, even though she's nutty I still love her and looked up to her as my mother figure, I've learned a lot from her.

Now there'll be no more mother figure, no more home cooked meals.

No more rides to school because jake's beat up 1980 ford is 'too good' for me.

No more coming home to ham and cheese sandwic-

"AVA I SWEAR TO GOD I WILL DRAG YOU BY YOUR HAIR WE NEED TO GO!"

Dear lord child.

I quickly brushed my teeth and washed my face, Im not even going to bother putting makeup on, I'll be on a four hour flight.

I grabbed my suitcases I packed last night and walked out of my room.

"Jake help" I yelped as I was about to drop the 4 cases on my feet.

He caught them just in time.

Yeah, perks of having a football star of a brother.

"Come on ave, be more careful" he smirked.

"Aye aye captain" I smirked back.

"OYYYY MY BABIES! MY LITTLE BIRDIES ARE LEAVING THE NEST! MY LITTLE TADPOLES ARE LEAVING THE POND! MY LITTLE TURTLES ARE EMERGING FROM THEIR SHELLS UNER THE SAND! OHHHHH MY BABIES!"

Jake just gave me a look.

Told you she was crazy.

I just smiled and hugged her.

"I'll miss you Aunt Jane" I said.

"Oh my little Ava Gracelynn you're growing up too fast your mother would be so proud of you honey, so so proud."

I knew there'd be tears.

I just didn't think they'd be from me.

But Jake to the rescue as always.

"Alright Jane my turn" he pulled me away from her and we smiled at each other.

"Oh my little jake such a good good young man, I will miss you guys so much"

I could see her squeeze him tighter.

"Oh I'm holding you guys up you should get going before you miss your flight" she pulled away and smiled.

Jake grabbed the suit cases and walked them to the car.

She stopped me.

"Ava sweetie?"

"Yeah aunt jane?"

"Honey I know this might be hard to wrap your head around but... when you get to Texas you need to read this..."

She handed me an envelope with my name on it.

"What is it?"

"It's from your mother...."