Chapter Twenty-four

Eric's P.O.V

I walked out of the house slamming the door behind me. I can't believe he's pregnant. I panicked and ran out. I can't be there right now I'll do something stupid and end up hurting him worse than me walking out on him. I need time to think. There is just something I don't understand. Why didn't he tell me he wasn't feeling good? 

I got into my car and drove to my house. When there I ran inside and looked for my mom. I looked everywhere I could think to find her but she wasn't there. I pulled out my phone and called her. 

"Hello."

"Mom."

"Yes?"

"Where are you?"

"I went to the store to pick up a few things why?"

"I'm at the house and I need to talk to you about something."

"Is Matt pregnant?"

"What?!" 

"Haha, dear calm down I'm joking. I should be home here soon just wait in the kitchen."

"OK. Love you, mom."

"Love you too dear. I'll see you soon."

"bye." I hung up the phone then went into the kitchen to wait. I sighed and sat on a stool by the counter. I laid my head on the counter and just thought about what I'm going to say to my mom when she gets here. I ha to have been sitting like that for about twenty minutes when I heard the front door open. I jumped up and ran to the door. 

"Mom."

"No, not mom."

"Oh, hey Ash. What are you doing home? You should still be in school."

"Nope, it's almost four and I got a ride from a friend."

"Oh."

"Yea. Why did you think I was mom?"

"I need to talk to her is all." 

"Why?"

"It's none of your business."

"Oh god. You got Matt pregnant!"

"WHAT?! Where did you hear that?!"

"I'm just joking." She fell silent for a second then looked at me again. "My god. You really did. How is that possible?"

"Shut up! When mom gets here I'll tell you both. In the mean time if I were you I would change because you know how mom and dad don't like it when you dress like that." She was in a crop top and a pair of booty shorts, showing off the few curves she has. She thinks just because shes in high school and is attractive that she can dress like a whore. 

It was about another half hour before mom showed up. She came in carrying a few bags of groceries. I walked over to her and took the bags from her. She gave me a strange look.

"What's up with you?" She asked.

"Huh?" 

"You never help me when I have bags of groceries." She gave me another strange look.

"I'm fine."

"Mhmm."

I finished helping her get the groceries in and went into the kitchen. I started to put away the groceries when I heard Ash start whispering to mom. And of course when I say whispering I mean not loud talking. She couldn't whisper if it would save her life.

"When I came home I was messing with him about him getting Matt pregnant and he freaked out. I bet that's what he wanted to talk to you about. He somehow managed to get his mate pregnant and wants to know what he should do. Man why does he have to be so stupid?"

"Ashley don't call your brother stupid." Well at least my mom was taking up for me. "Even if he was stupid enough to get his mate pregnant, you don't have a right to call him stupid. That's my job." And I spoke to soon. Sigh. They always gang up on me.

"I can hear you, ya know."

"We know. Just hoping you would realize that you were stupid. I just hope you didn't run out on Matt when he told you." Ash said. I stopped putting the food away and slowly set the jar I had in my hand on the counter. I looked down at the jar now on the counter but still with my hand wrapped around it.

"OH MY GODDESS! You didn't?!" Ash started to yell.

"Eric, did you really run out on Matt when he told you?" My mom asked.

I couldn't look at her or say anything so I just nodded my head. There was an uncomfortable silence in the room. The next thing I know I was being slapped on the back of my head. 

"OW! WHAT THE HELL!" 

"Don't you yell or coarse at me boy." I look up to see that my dad had come home and heard what we were talking about.

"When did you?"

"I got home about the time you were starting to put the groceries away. It freaked me out you were helping so I didn't say anything. But that's not the point here. Why the hell did you leave your mate after he told you he was pregnant? Are you really that stupid?"

"I left because he wasn't going to tell me! He was keeping secrets from me about him being sick and was going to keep that from me as well. The only reason he told me was because I pressured him into it and it just slipped out of his mouth."

"You're still stupid." Ash said.

"Stop calling your brother stupid Ashley. Now Eric, I want you to get back in your car and talk your a*s back to Matt's house and apologize for running out like you did. You need to talk to him about it and see what he wants to do. What ever you two decide we will accept. If you want to keep the pups well help you in anyway we can and if you decide you don't want them we'll support your decision and find a way to go from there. Now get your stupid a*s to your mates house and make up." My dad said. 

I nodded my head and grabbed my keys off the counter where I left them and headed out the door. I got into the car and started towards Matt's house. Sigh, I don't know what were going to do. But my dad was right we need to sit down and talk about what we want to do and then we'll go from there. I just hope Matt isn't to upset with me that he wont want to talk to me. But if he doesn't I wouldn't really blame him.