Chapter 1

THE
B A D   B O Y ' S
DARES
--------------------------------------------

- Bella's POV -

Teachers have no understanding of the simple concept that teenagers have something called a life beyond the school walls. Instead they decide to pile up homework until you are seriously considering dropping out and becoming a stripper.

Consequently this leads me to being cooped up inside our school's library on a Friday night attempting to get ahead on all this annoying work.

I would do this in the comfort of my own place; however, the library has become my second home, plus librarian gives me cookies. Let's just say I am a regular, and that means a lot saying that mostly everyone wouldn't be caught dead here beyond enforced detention.

Due to this fact, it is no shock that I am completely startled when I spot a loud group of teenagers charging through the entrance. The group is led by a boy whose face is covered in a black mask revealing only his vibrant green eyes and smirking mouth.

The sound of their stomping feet and high cheers causes me to drop my cookie. Just great. It is my favorite kind, triple chocolate chip fudge.

The librarian and I share expressions of shock and horror as the reckless group storms in. In an instant their leader is handed a skateboard and sets it on a table across the room. Before I know it he is skateboarding across all the tables spraying silly string everywhere. His followers all have their phones out recording every moment. I have to give him credit for not facepalming as he seamlessly springs from table to table with tricks I can not begin to comprehend.

Holy cheeseballs.

He clearly does not spot a wild Bella in her natural habitat who is right in his pathway. I attempt to grab my books hurriedly, but I am not nearly fast enough to get out of his line of attack.

As he reaches my desk his eyes meet mine and widen to match mine in shock.

He breaks his focus causing him to lose his previously maintained balance and the next thing I know a lean figure is plummeting on top of me.

As his body makes contact with mine, the chair I am sitting in leans back on two legs causing us to fall backwards.

Our legs entangle and once we safely... sort of...land, I yelp in shock.

This is probably the closest I have ever been to something consisting of testosterone.

His mask is now lifted a bit and I can make out certain features on his face. Recognition immediately takes over me, the boy on top of me is none other than Ashton Carter. Our school's crowned bad boy.

Lord please help me.

He quickly jumps off and pulls his mask back down. He then proceeds to pick me up and swing me over his shoulders. The librarian continues to watch this with her cookie falling out of her hanging jaw unsure of how to asses such commotion.

He grabs my stuff along with his board with me still thrown over his shoulder and immediately begins to sprint outside despite my screams of terror. I hit his back repeatedly but give up when it clearly causes no reaction.