His Darling | 11

I strongly recommend reading a few of the previous chapters to refresh your mind!!!

CHAPTER ELEVEN.

Of course, he wouldn't say anything to that. But the silence that followed drove me to the edge.

"I'm not worth this mess, Xander," I argued. I wasn't giving up. Even if the possibility of an escape was nonexistent. Even if this will only end up going in circles like it always does."I--"

"It's not all for you." His blue eyes met mine, threatening and cold, but beautiful. Melanie would've loved them.

"But it's all tied to me," that much I knew. "You should listen to Landon. Be someone else's 'guardian angel'. Take me back to parents." my voice was rising but I couldn't help it. My frustration in my inability to move was clearly stressed there. "We've gotta be realistic here, Xander--"

He looked down at his tender knuckles as if he'd never seen the damage until now, and the unexpected action made me stop. Then he looked up at me again and spoke slowly. "If I do that, what makes you think Landon wouldn't go, find you, murder your parents right in front of you and then shoot you in the head?"

"You might as well do that. You're outnumbered against Landon's group."

"Landon's group?" He chuckled then, dryly, and ran his hands through his hair as if they didn't need mending. "I'm outnumbered by hundreds, probably thousands--"

"You're lying." I couldn't hide the shock--the instant reaction.

But he was calm. "Why would I lie? It's not benefitting me. Or you."

"Get out." I spat.

He looked taken aback for a second. But then said, "I didn't even want to see you in the first place. All you do is give me a fucking headache--"

A door somewhere in the house was suddenly kicked once--twice before I heard it slam open.

Someone screamed.

"Stay here." Xander barely said, leaving the room in a flash. I heard shouts and another scream. Kania.

Instinctively, I rolled off the bed, not thinking twice before standing and reaching for the door. My body immediately felt heavy, strange. My vision briefly blurred, but I shook my head quickly, stepping out of the room. I was met by a small dim hall which led to the kitchen and what I concluded a living room. Then I heard voices. I felt the tension, hovering like a dense cloud. My hands began to sweat, and my injured arm throbbed. I backed up against the wall and quickly made my way toward the voices that came from the living room.

"Where's the girl?" His voice was harsh, agitated.

Landon.

"She died. Lost too much blood." Kania said in a detached voice.

"Stop bullshítting me. Xander give me the girl."

"She's dead."

Peeking from the edge of the wall I saw how Landon suddenly yanked Kania by the hair and pressed a gun to her temple.

Kania remained stoic.

But Xander stepped forward. His back was toward me, making it impossible for me to see what was possibly going on in his head. "What are you doing, Landon? Have you fücking lost it? You know the punishment for murdering a--"

"Fatherless whore?" He spat. "Not as awful as leaving your little cúnt alive."

"You won't do it," Xander said. And Kania stared at him with big, expressionless eyes.