2

Hey gaby, where is Mr. Berkins? I asked her , as I haven't seen him in the counter.

He isn't feeling well. So I guess we both should manage the cafe, she replied with an apoligetic face.

"Oh, you should be in the counter then" I will get these, I said .

Yeah , sure Kaira.

I was serving the customers their coffee and cakes.

As it's weekend, there is more crowd coming up. I and Gaby trying hard to work.

It's been 8 pm , and we should close the cafe. Gaby was in kitchen , while I was locking the counters.

"Excuse me , I want an espresso"! Said a chirpy voice which made me startled.

I turned back to see who is it! A tall, lean , white girl with brunette hair dressed in black knee length dress with a leather jacket and black boots.... covered with slight mud. Very strange!! Who wears those stupid boots with that pretty dress , I thought.

She was talking to someone on the phone.... infact she is quaralling over to someone in phone.

I came in front of her. She lifted her head up and stared at me.

Her dark brown eyes stared at me. It was a bit strange because......

Can I have my Espresso please, she retorted.

Sorry..... but we are closing the cafe, I replied.

"What"? Get me that thing fast!! She raised her voice.

Listening to this, Gaby came out and looked at me..

I bought the espresso and gave her, she pulled it away from me and gave money.

Without taking her change back, she got into her car and drove fast.

Strange, and a bit arrogant too..... I sighed heavily and walked towards home.

_______________________________________________

"Mom, are you gonna be in home tomorrow" ? I asked.

No dear, I have many appointments . I should go to some place, she replied giving me dinner.

Mom, you look very tired. You should get some sleep, I said to her as I saw darkcircles around her eyes. By the way, which place are you talking about? Have you worked here before? I asked her.

What..... why are asking me these stupid questions, she stammered.

Nothing mom, I'm just having a feeling that I was in this place  before. Isn't it strange?

No you haven't came here till now. Neither I came.
So what are you gonna do tomorrow? She asked.

'Nothing new'.... I said .

How is Luke? She asked me with a smile.

He hasn't called me this week. He must have been busy with his work, I say smiling.

Okay then, good night.... mom planted a kiss on my cheek and went to her room.

After having dinner , I washed all the dishes.

I had a long shower, upto half hour. Kept on my night clothes .

I opened the curtains, the night was so calm and mild.

I took a  novel from my shelf , and sat near the window. But I was in my  own thoughts.

This so called Hazy meadowsen town is so eerie.  When mom told me that we are moving, I was so dissappointed coz Luke and I will be separated.

I know he promised me that he will come to meet me often, but  he can't as he is so busy in his job at Texas.

I slowly drifted to sleep.

》》》》》》》

Next morning , after freshening up I came down to kitchen.

What the hell !! The oven was on. I hurried to it and turned off the knob.

I guess mom might have done it. But I think she was gone at 6 am... so how come she is making cookies!

I heard the sound of footsteps , I jumped from the place and took a stick in my hands and peering in all directions...

  A pair of strong hands were  around my waist!!

I dropped the stick and turned to see Luke who is laughing at me.

Luke!! You scared the hell out of me... I yelled at him.

Just came to surprise you, he slowly pecked my lips.

I missed you so much luke. You could have told me , that you are coming this weekend, I hugged him.

Told you ... it's a surprise! I have made choco chip cookies, wanna have a bite! he winked at me.

"Yeah , I'm so hungry" !  I plopped on the couch and having my favourite Chocolate cookies.... luke is best in making them .

Ummmm..... so yummy ! I moaned.

So how is it going? He asked me.

Good.I like this town too, but kinda boring.

Let's go out. We can go for a movie and have some pizza, he winked.

That's great Luke.

We both stopped near pizzeria. Luke went to order cheese pizza, while I was sitting in the corner table which has a window.

I was staring outside, while my eyes were struck on when I saw , that mean girl whom I met yesterday in the cafe is looking directly at me.

It's so wierd about her. She isn't blinking..... her brown eyes were piercing me. As if she is trying to say something !!!!

  ************

Have a great day😊😊😊😊😊