"D-amn, the t-time wasn't enough t-to kill you." Klaude pertaining to Cyan, was barely able to speak before slowly disintegrating into black mist.

Nung binalikan ko ng tingin si Chartreuse, unti-unti na rin siyang naglalaho na parang usok.

Cyan ran to my side, and without any idea of what's happening, we watched the wisp of black mist slowly fuse together into a huge spiral.

"Summoning forbidden magic itself, to perform a test isn't free,"
Bigla na lang sumulpot si Eve mula kung saan, na ngayon ay nakatutok ang mga mata kay Cyan habang ganon din 'to sa kanya. "Your bethroted's soul was the promised price, your majesty." Baling na nito sa 'kin.

Klaude and Chartreuse bit more than what they can chew.

Napabalik ang atensyon ko sa unti-unti nang lumalakas at lumalaking itim na ipo-ipo. "They gambled with too high of a stake."

"This is their price to pay," Cyan mumbled as if to finish what I'm about to say.

Within the spiralling wind of darkness, a blaring howl resounded that shook the ground as the gust of wind got stronger. It was a roar of an unknown beast.

Nang kusang humupa ang malakas na hangin at naglaho, natutop ko na lang ang bibig.

There, standing was a massive red-skinned three horned biped creature, with wings similar of a dragon. The abomination that could have been Cyan's old body, has been recreated from Klaude and Chartreuse instead.

My heart ached of what became of them. I find it unfair. Even them, don't deserve this kind of fate.

Bumugso ang malakas na hangin dahil sa pagaspas nang malaki nitong mga pakpak.

"We can't let that go and roam in this world." Cyan uttered before I felt the wind get chillier.

Small flakes of snow slowly formed around him. His silver hair began glowing, making the strands almost transparent. Unti-unti ring nagliwanag ang kinatatayuan niya.

"Rise, Khione!"

A snakelike dragon made from ice swiftly emerged from the magic circle that took shape underneath his feet.

It was my first time seeing his elemental beast.

The frost dragon slithered in air and successfully wrapped itself around the dark creature, restricting its movement. The two beings struggled against each other. The creature stridently roared as it tries to resist the dragon's confinement. And through its wide agaped mouth a black beam of light fired, clearing everything in one straight path. It left nothing in its wake, but burn marks.

"A—dria. A-A-Adria."

Natigilan ako. It's calling my name.

Klaude and Chartreuse consciousness might still be there!

Pasugod na sana si Cyan nang pigilin ko siya sa braso.

"They don't deserve this," paliwanag ko. "There could still be a possibility to turn them back."

"Adria, we do magic, not miracles."

Nakagat ko ang pang-ibabang labi bago idinugtong ang nasa isip. "I can—with a full-pledge dark magic contract," sagot ko kahit alam kong hindi himala ang tawag do'n kundi kasalanan.

There was disbelief in his eyes as he remained silent for a few seconds.

Nangunot pa ang noo niya bago nagsalita uli."I can't let you sacrifice yourself again. You've sacrificed enough!"

Suddenly, a long obnoxious cackle rang in our ears. Pareho kaming napabaling sa pinagmumulan n'yon. It was Eve, sitting on top the dark creature's head like it was nothing.

"You're willing to succumb to dark magic for the likes of them?" tanong nito bago saglit na nabalot ang kabuuan niya ng itim na usok.

And when the smoke diffused, she appeared as if she was someone different: black hair that burns like flames and a dress that flows, made from dark thick fog.

"It's as expected of you though, your majesty." Ngiti niya.

Out of nowhere, a crescent, shaped like a wide grinning mouth materialized behind her. Inside was pure darkness.

"Not having you contracted now is a pity. However, you'll eventually give in, sooner or later without anything of mine at stake," she said clearly pertaining to the dark creature as hers.

I'm speechless looking at Eve. I don't want to believe it, but my mind kept insisting about the truth.

I was fooled. For so many years, I was.

As thick strong chains came straight out from the mouth, shackling the dark creatures limbs and neck, I heard Cyan whisper to call Khione back just in time.

"I shall collect my payment." Tinalikuran na kami ni Eve kasabay nang unti-unting paghatak ng mga kadena sa tinutukoy niyang bayad papasok sa loob ng kadiliman ng nakabukang bibig.

"A-are you really—"

She looked back with a wide smile on her face. "I am dark magic. I am the strongest kind of magic there is. I am the embodiment of evil."

It was the exact same lines she told me when we first met in the forbidden library.

"It was fun watching you two." She then disappeared into the mouth along with the dark creature who's supposed to be Klaude and Chartreuse.

_________
N/A:

I thank leevmealone_  for her assistance in the last part of this chapter.