Puno ng gigil ang bawat hampas ni Klaude. "You should have stayed dead!"

"Why should I, when you're still alive?" Cyan sarcastically remarked.

Mas lalong rumahas ang sunod na mga wasiwas ni Klaude ng hawak dahil sa narinig. Muntik na nga nitong makahagip sa braso ni Cyan kundi lang 'yon agarang naiwasan ng huli.

"We could have stayed good friends." A comment I'm sure Cyan meant.

"How desperate!"

I can't help, but think that between the two, Klaude's the one who's desperate. Pretending to be friends with the person he loathes, for so many years just to exact revenge is definitely a whole new level of desperation.

Are the good times they've spent together as bestfriends really just for show?

If it's me, the bond they shared together looked and felt real.

Mabilis na yumuko si Klaude para iwasan ang paparating sa kanyang espada. Sinundan niya 'yon ng pagpatid kay Cyan na nakapagpabagsak dito sa lupa.

"I could have been the only Frozenmist heir," Klaude uttered as he stabs with his sword, aiming for Cyan's head.

Lying on the ground, the latter kept tilting his head from one side to the other. Trying his best to avoid not only the sharp blade, but also the dark aura that flickers around it. Due to the reason that with just a touch, forbidden magic can rot flesh as it spreads throughout like a deadly disease.

"I could have been Queen Devian's only son!" Sa diin ng bawat pagtusok ni Klaude, nadudurog pati ang kinahihigaan ni Cyan. "I could have been the one destined for Adria!"

Cyan found a chance and kicked Klaude in the abdomen that made him fall back.

The former rose up. "After all this time, you still haven't moved on." Napailing pa 'to.

Once again, Klaude got triggered by Cyan's words. Full of rage, he charged with his sword held up.

Cyan raised his weapon to answer the incoming blade. "Even if you're a half blood, you are still a Frozenmist!" With one strong swing, he repelled Klaude's sword to the side. "So act like one!" Fist clenched, he gave his cousin a wake-up punch in the face.

Cyan clearly acknowledges Klaude's existence, recognized his ability that the latter, himself didn't.

Paatras na napaupo si Klaude sa lupa. His upper lip bled. Walang anuman nitong idinura ang dugo mula sa bibig.

As if it didn't hurt, his expression remained fierce. "Easy for a pure blood to-" Natigilan 'to sa pagsasalita. Suddenly, he clenched his chest. May kung anong sakit ang iniinda nito, na siguradong hindi si Cyan ang may dulot.

What's wrong?

Bigla na lang din sumigaw si Chartreuse kaya napalingon kami ni Cyan dito. "Klaudeeee!" she screamed her master's name in pain.