Feasts and First Days

The headmaster stood up and hit his glass gently his fork," Welcome, all of you, to the start of a new year at the New Orleans Academy of Magic, to those of you that don't know me, I am Headmaster Harrison Thomas, to those who don't know me." he grinned,"I have a few things to say before we start eating, first, there are to be no pranks pulled on the professors like last year," he looked at Tony and Brandon,"And, do not go to the east dungeons, for any circumstances." he looked stern before smiling again,"Dig in!"

Severus smiled as food appeared on the table, so much like at Hogwarts, Tony and Brandon were talking about surfing when Severus leaned and whispered in Tony's ear,"Which one is your girlfriend?"

Tony turned and glared at him before pointing her out,"I'm trying to ask Sarina Daniels out, she's over there with the black hair and green eyes, and Brandon's trying to get Jennifer Sanders, the blonde sitting next to her."

Brandon reached over and tapped Severus on the shoulder,"Hey Severus, don't screw anything up for me, ok?"

"Of course not,"

Severus smiled and grabbed some of the food that was on the trays.

-------------------------------------------------------

Marianna Sanchez had been going to the Academy for as long as she'd been going to school, even though her mother lived in Brazil until she was 13.

She was looking down the table at a group of three boys talking at the other end of the table. She had seen them at the bank in Dragon's Avenue.

She looked at the one in the middle that she had also seen when she had bumped into him in the muggle mall. "He's hot," she thought to herself. Maybe, this year would be a lot more fun.

She got up and walked over to where the three boys were eating, she tapped the cute one on the shoulder and said,"You're the one I bumped into, yes?"

He blinked up at her and said, "Yeah! And you were at the bank!"

Marianna had basically stopped thinking halfway through his comments,"Ok, he's British, just marry me already."

She smiled and said,"Si, I'm Marianna Sanchez," she stuck out her hand,"Pleased to meet you."

He smiled back at her,"Severus Prince, pleased to meet you."

--------------------------------------------------------

Severus woke up the next morning, with a stupid grin on his face. He finally knew the girls name and, apparently, he wasn't the only one, Brandon was sitting on his bed with an equally cheesy grin on his face.

Tony laughed,"You two are helpless,"

Brandon guffawed,"Says the guy who could barely string a sentence together last night."

Tony turned beet red,"Shut up."

---------------------------------------------------------

The first class they had was Defense, it was two and a half hours long and was taught by a tall man named Professor Freeman. Unlike Hogwarts, instead of just having magical defense classes, they had muggle defense as well.

When Tony told Severus that he nearly spit out his bacon,"What!" he'd exclaimed.

"Yeah," Tony said,"For when you lose your wand or something."

When they entered the room there were desks covering one half and mats covering the other.

They sat in three chairs near the back as a man walked and stood in front of the desks,"Hello," the man said,"I am Professor Freeman I am your magical and physical defense teacher, we will start with magical today,"

They did about an hour of reviews before he asked them to step over to the mats, they did exercises before they were paired for light sparring, Severus was paired with Brandon. They met on the mat and took position, Severus jabbed and Brandon deflected, it went on like this for about three minutes before Brandon pinned him.

"Time!" the professor yelled.

They all shook hands and walked out of the classroom. Tony gripped his shoulder,"You did good." he said

-------------------------------------------------------

The rest of the day passed in much the same fashion. He excelled in Potions, of course, and then he had Charms and Transfiguration, which went smoothly.

He went up to his room later and smiled as he turned out the light.