Escape

It never came. As Albus studied their faces he saw a flurry of emotions move across both of their faces. Sophia was the first to speak. When she did it was a shocked whisper of,"What?"

Albus continued, "Eileen had a son when she was alive, he's fifteen years old. He goes to school here and is in Slytherin."

Alex smiled," Really? Ca-can we meet him?"

Albus hung his head,"That would be difficult Alex."

Alex's face dropped,"What do you mean difficult?"

Albus whispered his answer hoarsely,"Your grandson is in Azkaban."

--------------------------------------------------------

The Marauders sat on couches in the common room. James and his family were staying at Hogwarts for a month because James' father was under a threat from a band of Death Eaters. James had also invited Lily who was sitting next to James by the fireplace. Sirius looked at James and laughed. "What's so funny Siri?" James asked his best friend.

"I was just thinking about when we hung Snivellus till he screamed and turned purple."
Sirius replied, laughing even harder. Everyone looked at each other and burst out laughing. 

James smiled,"Yeah, we really freed Lily up to get away from the git."

Lily smiled at her boyfriend of two months, "And I  couldn't be more thankful Jamie, I was getting really tired of pretending to like the git. That slimy snake."

Peter sniffles and exclaimed weakly," Y-yeah, you're a really good actress Lily."

"Thank you, Peter, I try."

There was a knocking sound from the hallway as Professor McGonagall walked in. The teens stood up, nervously looking at each other. McGonagall studied them before saying quietly,"The headmaster wishes to see you in his office. Now." She turned and walked away as the teens slowly followed, wondering what they had done.

-------------------------------------------------------

Alex was pacing Albus' office with the ferocity of a caged lion. Albus sighed, he really did dislike playing mediator. "Alex, sit down before you wear a hole in the rug."

Alex ran his hand through his slightly greying hair as he slumped down into an armchair. He had been pacing for twenty minutes after he heard his grandson's story. He had almost been through the roof when he heard that the children that tormented his baby's child were in the castle. He was gonna rip them a new one. Footsteps sounded in the hallway.

"Showtime," Albus thought as he sat down behind his large desk.

Minerva came in followed by four boys and one girl. "The children, Albus," she said evenly.

"Yes, thank you Minerva."

She nodded and walked out of the room, intent on finding Pomona to talk about the strange events. Albus nodded to the children as they each walked to his desk. "Hello," he said, putting on a charming smile.

"Hello Professor," they said in unison.

"I trust you've heard what happened to your classmate?"

James opened his mouth but Sirius beat him to it. "Yes sir," he exclaimed, "If I may say so sir, I always knew something was evil about him."

Albus grimaced, "This'll be more fun than I thought, sadly." he looked at Sirius and said,"No Mr.Black, you may not say. I will however, ask you what makes you think Severus is evil?"

They gaped at him as Sirius spluttered," Well you know," he searched for the words," It's just the way he looks and that he always has his nose in a book and-"

"The fact he's a Slytherin?" Albus finished for him. Sirius slowly nodded his agreement. Albus started again,"So, Mr.Snape is evil, for not having good hygiene, liking to read and being in a house that is known for people that strive to be the best? Hmm?"

"But sir," James said, "Voldemort was in that house!"

The headmaster turned to the taller boy,"So? Slytherins aren't evil, you can't judge a vine of grapes on one rotten one. Evil is not determined by an eleven year old sitting at a table of silver and green, but what they choose to do with the abilities that landed them in that house."

The students looked down as he continued,"Frankly, my children, you're all more evil than Mr.Snape tenfold."

Their heads snapped up, protests on their lips.
Albus head up a hand, stopping their argument. "You four," he pointed to the Marauders,"Have bullied him since first year over what? Humiliated him over what? Having a friend? Which brings me to you Ms.Evans." Lily looked at him innocently. "You were his only friend, he worshipped you, and that's what you wanted, isn't it? A puppet to control, to make you look good. And then when he called you one word, in a minute of humiliation, you didn't bat an eye, you cut him loose, no matter how much he begged. You, Ms.Evans, are the worst of all."

Each child look thoroughly ashamed, which was what he'd been going for. He motioned for Alex and Sophia to walk to his desk. "These people, are Alex and Sophia Prince, of one of the richest pure blooded families in the world. They are also Severus Snape's grandparents. I'm going to let them talk to you." Albus sat in his chair as he watched Alex stalk them.

"Hello children," Alex said calmly," I have one thing to say to you and one thing only. This is your fault, the grandson I never knew is in Azkaban and it's your fault. You treated him abominably, driving him to seek comfort in darkness, even though he received enough darkness at home from his abusive father. I will tell you now, when he gets out, and he will, since he never had a trial, he will be one of the greatest men the wizarding world has ever seen. Just you wait."

Albus nodded as Alex's talk ended. "Thank you, children. Think about this, you may go."

-------------------------------------------------------

The next morning when the guards of Azkaban went on the morning cell check, they saw the one on the far left point of the building was empty. The cell belonging to one Severus Snape.

A.N. I think I just broke a record. I know, I made Lily a real bitch, but she is at times, Isn't she? We'll see where Sev is next chapter eh? R&R