New Home

Severus woke up slowly, reluctant to leave the relative peace of slumber. He looked up and checked his surroundings, they certainly weren't Azkaban. "How did I get here?" Severus thought tiredly. Suddenly he saw it.

-------------------------------------------------------

Flashback:

Severus looked through the bars of his cell, he found it difficult to sleep, in the haunted prison. "Severus? Severus?" he heard a hoarse voice calling for him from outside.

"Yes? I'm over here," he whispered back. Albus Dumbledore came into view, his beard blowing in the wind. He stood with two other people, a man and a woman, that he'd never seen before.

Albus came over and whispered to him,"We're here to get you out. Just stand in the far corner and don't make a sound. Ok?"

The teen nodded and huddled himself in the corner of his chilling cell. Professor Dumbledore and his companions aimed their wands at the cell door. "Alohamora," they all whispered down towards the lock. The lock opened but an alarm went off as well.

"Come on Severus! Grab my hand, we have to get out of here!" Dumbledore grabbed his hand as the dementors swarmed the cell. Albus apparated them away, but not before the effects of the dementors caused Severus to pass out.

End Flashback

-------------------------------------------------------

Alex walked into the bedroom he had put his grandson in. It was in Slytherin colors, which he hoped Severus would appreciate. "I wonder if he's up?" he thought as he opened the door. He wasn't disappointed when he opened the door. His grandson was sitting up in his bed staring into space.

Alex walked over to him and patted his shoulder,"How are you feeling?" he asked, concerned.

Severus slowly looked at him,"I'm fine sir. Who are you?"

The question pained Alex, his grandson should have never needed to ask who his grandfather was.

Severus scowled,"Alright, you won't answer that question, how about this one, where are we?"

Alex smirked, this boy really reminded him of his daughter. "We are just outside Tallahassee, Florida."

Severus' jaw dropped to the floor,"We're in America?"

Alex nodded,"It's the only place where you're safe."

Severus looked at him, confused,"You're trying to protect me?"

Alex nodded, "Of course we are," he answered.

"Ah, Severus, it's good to see you awake my boy," Albus Dumbledore stood at the entrance if the room with Sophia next to him. The headmaster looked at Severus,"Well, I'm sure you want to know who these people are?" Severus nodded stiffly. Albus smiled,"These are your maternal grandparents, Alex and Sophia Prince."

Severus was starstruck, his mother never talked about her parents. No matter what happened, they were never brought up.  "Really?" he found himself asking as he sat up straighter.

Sophia nodded, "Really," you could see her eyes tearing up as she looked at him.

Severus was going through some inner turmoil. "Are they going to care about me? Or are they pretending, like Lily did? I'm not even sure these are my grandparents, mother use to say they died." He looked at the middle age couple staring at him hopefully. "Well," he thought, "Might as well hope."  Severus asked softly,"Can we do a test?"

Alex nodded,"Of course we can, Albus?"

The professor nodded,"I'm on it Alex,"

The next minute he arrived with a vial clutched in his hand. He handed the vial to the waiting teenager. "How do I know this isn't rigged?"
Severus asked suspiciously.

Albus smiled,"You'll have to trust me."

The boy nodded as he dropped the vial onto a piece of parchment with a drop of his blood.
The words that came out were:

Severus Tobias Snape

Parents: Eileen Snape(neé Prince)
Tobias Snape

Heir of:
The Ancient and Noble house of Prince

Grandparents:
Maternal:
Sophia Prince
Alexander Prince

Paternal:
John Snape (deceased)
Alison Snape(deceased)

"See?" Alex said as he put the parchment back.
Severus nodded numbly, having just had a great shock. The next second he had enveloped his grandparents in a bear hug.

"I'll be good, I promise!" he cried into their robes,"Don't leave me please!"

Alex nodded as he and his wife rubbed circles on the troubled teens back. "We won't leave you Severus, you're our only grandson." They held him until he started to fall asleep. They put him on his bed, kissed his head and whispered as they left the room,

"Welcome home Severus Snape."