I turned back to the crime scene as they call it. Minutes later, a teenage boy stepped out of the house with a group of officers surrounding him. I couldn't quite see him properly. He held a ice pack and gauze on his forehead.

When he turned around i saw that it was Cody. He had a cut about the size of finger. What does he have to do with this?

"Cody! Over here!" I yelled and waved my hand over the crowd.

He turned around and saw me waving my hand in the air. He walked towards me.He opened his mouth ready to say something but I cut me off.

"What happened?" I questioned.

"I'll tell you later, now we should probably go see Laura."

We both got in my car and drove straight to the hospital. He started bleeding more so I drove faster. We finally got to the hospital when the nurses said Laura was in surgery. My poor baby sister. They said she needed to get stitches for some cut that happened to be too big.

I sat in the waiting chair for two hours. They finally pulled her out of the recovery room and brought her to a room by herself. Her neck had a large piece of gauze taped to her neck. She smiled at me weakly. She looked so lifeless.

It was now 1am. She fell asleep not to long ago and I left the room to find Cody. He was sitting on a temporary bed when the doctor was fixing his small cut on his forehead. "Now be sure to keep it dry and just be careful." the doctor said and walked away.

"You okay?" I asked him, he nodded. "What happened?" It was just... Curiosity. Yeah, that's the word.

He signed, taking a deep breath.

"Well...."

FLASHBACK (Cody's POV)

I pulled up to Laura's driveway. The main house light was on so I knew she was home. I grabbed my keys and walked to the front porch. I gently knocked on the door. No answer. I knocked again. *imaginary cricket noises ;)* No answer again. She couldn't have just left her lights on. I walked to the back and looked around. No sign of a car or... well Laura.

"Someone please help me!" I heard someone yell. That voice sounded alot like Laura's. Something isn't right. I ran to the other side.

I circled the around the left side until I saw two black figures by the window. One was holding the other close. Minutes later I saw one fall down out of sight. Wait, that's Laura's room.

I started to panic. What if that's Laura in there?! I grabbed a rock and threw it at the window. I climbed through the window that belonged to the kitchen. I ran up to Laura's room and slammed the door open. The first thing that caught my sight was Laura laying in the corner surrounded by a pool of blood.

I swear, my eyeball popped out and ran away.

Okay maybe not literally.

There was a girl kicking her. Who is that girl and what's her problem?

I grabbed a table lamp and smashed it at her back. She was surprised but I wasn't, she totally deserved it. But she didn't go down without a fight.

I was all ready to yell out 'come at me bro!' until I realized she was holding a knife. What was she gonna use it for, play the knife game?!

She screamed and charged at me like a maniac. I ran aside onto the bed while she swung the knife and I felt the blade roll across my forehead. I grabbed a folding chair and flung it across the room. It hit her head and she fell to the ground.

I stood up trying to catch my breath. I looked around the room. It was a mess. The table lamb pieces where scattered around one particular part of the room.