Chapter 42 : Right back where I started from.

She was running out of time. Isabelle wore a white cami shirt and checked her wardrobe once again. May be she should have selected her work clothes night before. With a swift motion, she tucked in her solid maroon dress shirt in black slacks and looked at her reflection. She didn't like what she saw. Hence, she tucked out the shirt and looked at her reflection. Now it looked better. The shirt was normal, just a man type dress shirt with starched collar. But it made her fee professional.

The memories of her school days came flooding back. If someone would have told her at that time that she would be returning to the same school one more time as a teacher, Isabelle would have laughed at them. But this was life, full of unpredictability, risks, failures and disappointment.

She ran a comb through her hair once again when Suzan came running.

"Come on Mom, we are getting late." The little girl was ready with her school bag and she looked cute in white T shirt and small checkered, pleated skirt. She had combed her shiny hairs into a nice ponytail.

Isabelle hugged her and got back to her work. She applied a foundation. She tried to keep her voice as normal as possible but she was anxious from inside.

"How is your new school? Is it nice? ,"

Suzan grabbed water bottle and kept it in the side pocket of her bag. She put one book inside while she replied.

"Yes, Mom. The teachers are nice. They are so many new toys. I made one friend yesterday. She stays near our house? Will you let me invite her here?"

Oh boy! That relieved her. Isabelle sent a big thanks to God as she fastened a striking neck piece around her slender neck. There, she was ready to face the world now. It had been fifteen days since they were here and they both were settling down.

Their accommodation was on school premise itself so it didn't take much time to reach.

She slipped her leg in black pumps.

"Mommy, you forgot to wear your bracelet."

Isabelle looked at her wrist.

"Yes sweetie. Indeed." And she extended her hand towards her child.

Suzan went to dressing table and picked it up. Isabelle kissed her daughter as Suzan slipped it around her hand. She picked up her beg. Once she locked the door and started walking, Suzan again repeated.

"Mommy, can I invite my friend home for playing? Please?"

Isabelle looked at her daughter who was running ahead in excitement.

"Umm, okay. We will do it soon. Are you happy now sweetheart?"

"Mommy you are the best. Everybody in my class knows that my mommy is a teacher. And you look so gorgeous. I love you a lot. But where is daddy? I want to see him. When will he return from his project? Why we didn't wait for him in Tokyo?"

Isabelle looked uncomfortable as she heard the same questions one more time. She had answered them many times but Suzan was not satisfied. And how will she be when all Isabelle had told were lies? Isabelle wondered one more time. How was she supposed to tell her only daughter that her father was not coming back? Till now she had brushed it off, but soon that time will come when she will have to tell Suzan.

But she didn't have to reply her little girl now because they had just entered the school yard. Suzan saw her friend who was walking ahead of them and went running after her.

Isabelle released her breath which she was holding since long. Oh God! She had never imagined she will be in this position one day. Well, she was doing her best and she was proud of herself because she had come a long way. What she was most afraid of doing had set her free.