1: introduction

01: 1170 words

// not proofread //
-

Xu Minghao is an ordinary high school student in Korea who works as a part-time cashier in the café right next to his school. He is somewhat popular with the ladies due to his cuteness and uses his charms as an advantage to lure in more customers to the café. 'Cool Cutie The8' as everyone calls him. Cool Cutie because he is sweet but stylish. As for The8, the number eight turned sideways is an infinity sign which represent an infinite amount of talent and skill.

But...

He has never fallen in love.

Sure he could find one attractive and compliment them, but he never takes interest into anyone. 'I don't feel love, school is the priority here.' he says. Minghao is completely focused on schoolwork more than romance.

Alongside him are his friends, Seungkwan, Seokmin, Jeonghan, and Mingyu. Seungkwan and Seokmin were known as the loud ones of the group, never taking a breath while speaking. On the other hand, Jeonghan and Mingyu were the visuals of the group. Minghao always felt in the middle. Fairly quiet, decent looking, really smart, has a sense of humor, a perfect friend, and... a little bit introverted.

Yes, he does work at a café. No, he doesn't hate being talked to. He just doesn't want to be too close with everyone, being acquainted is already fine.

-

A loud scream pierced through Minghao's ears. "XU MINGHAO!!!" Minghao turned to see a panting Seungkwan holding a box of chocolates and flowers. "Er... What happened?" He asked.

"Someone confessed to me of course!" Seungkwan proudly said. Jeonghan walked up to the two, chuckling. "So who is the unlucky guy?" Seungkwan didn't look pleased. "Unlucky? Excuse me, everyone would be grateful to have me so shut your mouth. Anyways, you know the Leonardo DiCaprio looking guy?" He asked Minghao.

"Ah... Hansol? The one in my class?"

"Yes! I had a crush on him but had no guts to confess. Thank god he did it instead." Seungkwan blushed. "Ah... Stop being so blushy, let's go to the cafeteria." Jeonghan pushed the two.

The three sat down with Seokmin, Mingyu, and Mingyu's boyfriend Wonwoo. Wonwoo was more of a quiet guy around other people but was also kind like Minghao.

"So Seungkwan... I heard that you are dating Hansol?" Seokmin asked with a smirk. "Yes... Why?" "I don't know if you know but he was my ex." Seungkwan spat out the milk he was drinking. "What?? You never told me that you have dated anyone before Soonyoung!"

"Well now you know. It's not gonna be awkward anyways, me and Hansol broke up two months later." Seokmin shrugged and turned to Jeonghan. "How about you Jeonghan? How are you and Seungcheol?" "We broke it off. It wasn't working anyways." Jeonghan acted like it was no big deal.

"Huh?! You guys were the mom and dad couple!" Seokmin cried. "I found out Seungcheol likes someone else. It's no big deal..." He shrugged it off. "Are you sure?" Mingyu placed his hand on Jeonghan's shoulder. "Yeah... I'm... No. I'm not okay. He just broke it off like that!" He started crying. They gained a few eyes but he didn't care. "You know what makes me angry? Out of everyone, he likes Jihoon. He isn't even that cute, just a two faced bit-" Mingyu immedietly covered Jeonghan's mouth.

"Jeonghan... I know you're heartbroken and everything but... Jihoon is sitting right over there." Mingyu nudged towards Jihoon, who was eating a sandwich a few tables away. He carefully let go of Jeonghan's mouth and let the boy speak. "Oh... Sorry. I'll be quiet for now." Jeonghan adjusted and continued eating.

"Hm... We'll get back to that love story later so... How about you Minghao, are you looking out for anyone? You know there is a dance coming up near the end of the year right?" Seokmin asked. "Not really. I just don't find anyone appealing I guess."

Adding on to Minghao not being in love, he has never been in a relationship.

"I hope you find someone by the end of the year. This our last year and the dance is going to be the biggest one." That was true. They were in their last year of high school.

"If I find someone... who likes me." Minghao mumbled.

-

"Class Dismissed." The teacher spoke. All the students packed up their stuff and headed towards the school entrance. "Yo, Minghao! Wait up!" Seungkwan called. He turned around to see his friends running to him. "Hey, you up for the movies tonight?" Jeonghan asked. "Sorry, I'm in charge of the café tonight." Minghao politely declined.

"Aw, maybe next time when you're not working..." Mingyu pouted. "Well I'll see you guys later, my ride is here!" Mingyu walked into the car with Wonwoo. Seokmin turned to Minghao and asked, "You need a ride? I can drop you off." "Oh no, that's fine. The café is five minutes away from here. I can walk." "Okay, see you Minghao!" Eventually the group of friends separated.

While walking to the café, he heard gunshots. He was terrified, but he thought the scene wasn't near him. He was wrong. Minghao faced the shooter. His legs were shaking. The gun pointed directly at his face. "D-Don't shoot..." Tears spilled from his eyes. The man only smirked and pulled the trigger.

That's it.

He was going to die.

Until someone quickly grabbed his wrist and was pulled into the alley right next to him.

"SHIT!" The shooter yelled. "I missed. Minho, find that little fucker." Minghao heard them say. Then the guy who grabbed his wrist whispered, "Run. Run as fast as you can." He pointed to the end of the alleyway and Minghao began running. Leaving the one who saved him behind.

"WHO THE HELL ARE YOU?!" The shooter yelled at the boy. Minghao saw a big fight going while running, he felt bad seeing the boy getting beat up by some guy who was apparently Minho.

So he turned around and ran towards the fight. The boy's eyes widened and screamed, "NO!" But Minghao ignored it anyways. He ran up and kicked the man right in that head. Huh. All that martial arts training paid off.

Eventually, the police showed up since some people who passed by witnessed the scene. The shooter got arrested and was escorted into the police car.

Minghao was thankful he made it out alive. He turned to the boy who saved him and shook his hand.

"Hello, I'm Seo Myungho. Thank you so much for saving me!" He bowed. The boy turned and nodded. "I'm..." There was a long pause. "Jun." That was odd. "Well thanks again Jun." Minghao noticed how badly beaten up he was. "As a sign of gratitude... Would you like to come over to my house? So you can get all cleaned up?"

He noticed a bit of hesitation but Jun politely agreed. The owner of the café called and said Minghao could take the day off for police investigation.

-

hello everyone, it's dei (^∇^)

so after a long wait, I finally published this book! I am sorry to those who were caught up with the old version of this story T^T. since I have everything planned, I'll try and update faster...

see you on the next update :))

instagram: @shiningminghao (hiatus)
twitter: @lolyoungjae @lolminghao

~ 🍑