Chapter 12

"Hi, Kevin!" Shari yells at him through my phone.

"Hey, Shari." He chuckles.

"Soooooo?" She looks between us. Kevin nervously laughs and scratches the back of his neck. "I'll talk to you later." She squints at him. "Anyways, I'm sorry to interrupt your conversation but Nagely and I gotta go through this closet of hers."

"Bye, Kevin."

"Bye, Nagely. Bye, Shari."

"Ok first things first, let's get rid of all these punching bags. How do you fit all of these in here?" She struggles to pull one out. We work together and finally get them all out. "I'm already tired but let's move on to these clothes. What we keep goes on the bed and what we don't keep we put by the punching bags." She starts to make piles.

"Wait, I want to keep that one." She sighs but throws it to me. "And that one. That too." She hesitates to throw the last one.

"Wait a second. This is a sweater, obviously too big for you." She sniffs it. "And it smells like boy cologne. These must be Brandon's." She puts a hand on my shoulder and I nod. "Well, we're burning them." She snatches them and eagerly throws them on my chair.

• • • • • 30 minutes later

She went through my whole closet and threw away anything I wore on dates with Brandon and the outfit I wore when we first met. Almost all of my old clothes are gone because we dated for two and a half years. But when I said Shari bought a boatload of clothes for me, I meant a boatload.

"Off to burn these sweaters." She walks to her car with the bag.

"You were serious?"

"Of course I was serious. Now hop in."

~~~~~~~~~~

"So I couldn't really get a whole farewell party but I got my mom and Nana to come. Mariah, Jaiden, and Mrs.Sepulveda came too. Mr.Sepulveda had to take care of Skyler because he was sick. And your mom, Alexis, and Marie, but here is the Farewell Fire." She says in a fancy accent.

"Wow, thank you guys for coming, I guess." I giggle and they laugh.

"Let us begin and throw a sweater at a time into the fire."

"Why is she talking like that?" Her mom whispers to mine.

"Who knows? She's your daughter." My mom replies laughing. Nana and Shari laugh as well.

"Ok enough of the jokes, let us begin." She hands each person a sweater. Yeah, I really did steal that many sweaters from him.

"Wait, I didn't get one." Jaiden says.

"Oh." Shari walks up to Mariah. "Can I see this for a sec?" Mariah hands it to her, already laughing because she knows what's going to happen. Shari rips it and gives half to Jaiden. "There we go." Everyone, one by one throws in a sweater, well some people half a sweater, then we watch the sparks rise. "The last sweater to go in, but the first that was stolen by a male who stole her heart."

"Why is she so dramatic?" Nana whispers.

"With Shari, we never know." Her mom says.

"But tonight we will replenish the last remainings of the horrible, terrible, tragible..." Then she starts laughing as loud as I don't know what, probably woke up the whole block. Shari with that laugh. "I said tragible, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, ok I'm serious now." She clears her throat. "Tragic memory, by throwing into the fire. Go ahead young one." She lets out a laugh as she stares at me. I throw the sweater in and she starts a clap where everyone follows.

"I brought smores!" Mrs.Sepulveda announces. We all sit around the campfire and make smores all night.

~~~~~~~~~~

"You guys are really cool." Jaiden gives me a smore he made.

"Thanks, for the compliment and smore." It was delicious and golden brown.

"No prob, specialty from Chef Jaiden. Mariah over there just burns her." She blows off her burnt marshmallow. Alexis and Marie laugh.

"Oh hush Jaiden, you're just jealous of my marshmallows." She makes her smore.

"Ok sure, keep telling yourself that." He nods.

"Oh yeah, I almost forgot. Ma, can they all come with us to the pool this weekend?" Mariah asks.

"If it's fine with their moms, of course."

"Ms.Roa, can Nagely come with us to the pool this weekend?"

"Fine by me." She smiles.

"Oooooh, it's gonna be so fun!" She shakes with excitement.

~~~~~~~~~~

Is it just me or did time fly really fast? Kevin finished his last show and he said he's coming back soon. I can't wait to see him again. We have been Facetiming every day now. It'll be great to see him in person.

"Still daydreaming there?" Marie sits next to me.

"Yeah."

"Don't worry, you'll see him soon." Alexis says.

"In three days he said." Marie quickly adds after.

"Well, three days left then." I bounce a little on my bed not paying any mind to anything.

"Nagely, that's your phone." She tells me.

"Oh right." I haven't used my phone in so long I forgot my notification ringtone. The only one I remember is the Facetime one. "Shari wants to go shopping, again. I don't know if my closet can fit in these shopping trips. Have you guys seen her closet? Well, closets. She has so many clothes."

"Wow, I can imagine when she gets her own house." Alexis says and we laugh. "Look at Skyler!" She shows us a picture of him. "I swear he's so cute. Daniel better watch out. I'm coming for his little brother." We laugh.

"Remember when Jaiden went backward down the slide and almost lost his trunks?" Marie says and we all bust out laughing.

"Yessss! That was hilarious!" We laugh some more. "You guys can sleep over, right?"

"Yep." They nod. "I think it's time for Netflix and Crunch." They say at the same time.

"Netflix and Crunch?"

"We get a bunch of snacks and watch Netflix all night." Alexis explains and I nod.

"I'll go get the snacks." I volunteer.

"I'll come too! Alexis pick out something good." Marie and I get a bunch of chips, cookies, and candy then jog back upstairs.

"Let's start the night with Once Upon A Time." Alexis plays an episode. "Tonight is gonna be lit."