Chapter 2

It's been a week and Kevin hasn't came yet. I knew she was bluffing. Either way why would he want to see me? He probably has better things to do and wants nothing to deal with me. Brandon said that to me. I still remember exactly how it went down.

Flashback**

"No, Nagely, I don't want anything to deal with you anymore. I'm leaving." He tries to walk away but I grip tightly to his waist with tears falling down my face.

"No you're not." I cry into his chest.

"Yes I am and nothing you say can make me stay." He tries to leave again but I don't let him.

"Tell me why you're leaving me. What did I do wrong?"

"Oh my God, Nagely. I don't know, you're too clingy and always on my back about everything." He rolls his eyes.

"What? It's not like I can trust you. You're always flirting with other girls, I can't help but be clingy and always on your back." I become even more upset.

"Just hop off, damn. Never give me my freedom." He sucks his teeth.

"Freedom is cheating on your girlfriend every single fucking day? I tried so hard to ignore the fact that I was never number one in your life. Every day I hoped maybe you would change and-"

"Oh shut up. Another thing, you talk way too much." He shuts my lips with his fingers. "No.One.Cares." He says as if I don't know English. "I'm leaving."

"No Brandon please, we can fix this," I beg him balling my eyes out.

"You're wetting my shirt. Nagely, I swear if you don't let go of me."

"Please don't leave me." 

"Get off me." He shoves me away then storms off.

Flashback**

I can't believe he did that to me. After all the chances I gave him, how loyal I was. And all he did was hurt me. Ugh, I hate him! I throw a dart and it hits him right in his left eye.

"Mom, where's my punching bag?" I call out.

"In the trunk." She yells back.

"Can you get it for me, please?" She doesn't answer. Of course, she left it out there. As soon as I go out she's gonna sneak down and lock me out so I can get stupid vitamin D.

I got this. I run downstairs, open the door, then hide in the living room. Seconds later my mom comes downstairs and locks the door. As soon as I hear her bedroom door shut I run outside with the keys and drag the punching bag up the porch stairs.

"Nagely." I hear someone call my name. For a quick millisecond, I freeze then drag the bag even faster than before. I shut the door heavily breathing. I don't know who that was and I don't want to find out.

• • • • • 1 hour later

I feel so much better. I punched a bit then took a long cold shower. Jokes on my mom. Thought she could lock me out. I laugh to myself, doing a little dance. I change into some shorts and a tank top. Time to watch my daily views The Fault in Our Stars.

Knock, knock, knock.

"Come in." I tell my mom. Except it wasn't my mom. It was a boy! I scream in panic and race to the door. "Get out, get out, get out!" I lock the door. Oh my God, that was Kevin! What is he doing here? I thought my mom was lying.

"Nagely?" I stop pacing back and forth. What am I gonna do? What am I gonna do? "I'm just gonna go downstairs now." The stairs creak with his footsteps. Phew, he's gone. He's probably leaving now. Let me just calm down and watch the best movie in the world.

~~~~~~~~~~

Knock, knock, knock.

I stop mid-ice cream. I pause my movie and walk up to the door.

"Who is it?" I cautiously ask.

"It's Kevin again." Ugh, I thought he left. Why is he still here? This dude has got to go. "Uh, your mom said you liked rocks." He slides two under my door. "Um, this one is too big to go under." I slightly open the door enough for one eye to see him. His eyes widen and he starts to smile and holds out the rock. I open it more so my arm can fit then take the rock and shut the door.

I just touched his hand. I just touched a guy's hand. I can never open that door again. Why was he smiling so much? I get the chills. I really hope he isn't persistent. I have to admit, these are some pretty rocks though.

"Nagely, can I please come in?" He thought I was about to let him in my room. Definitely not. "Fine, I'll just wait." I look under the crack of my door and all I see is black. Great, now he's sitting in front of my door.

"As he read, I fell in love the way you fall asleep: slowly, and then all at once." Hazel Grace said on the TV. I should be watching her and not being worried about a guy outside my door.

"You know, Nagely, I remember when we were we younger, I think eight, and we found a Geode rock. You picked it up and said 'Gross, this rock is just gray.'" He mocks a little girl voice. "So then you threw it on the ground and cracked it. The inside was so pretty. Then you said 'The rock's like me, hideous on the outside but really sparkly and pretty on the inside.' And I had a crush on you, so I tried to be smooth and said 'No, you're not ugly at all. You're the rock inside-out. Pretty on the outside and ugly on the in.' And I smiled thinking I was so smooth but then you threw the rock at my head and I realized what I said. I tried to tell you I didn't mean what I said but you ran away. You know what happened after that?" He laughs and asks me. "I chased you down the block and hugged you until you forgave me. When you did I kissed you on the cheek." He laughs again. "You ran to your mom."