{9}

Chapter 9:
I walked solemnly towards the dark oak casket, with a picture of my sister and best friend.

The media had found out I wasn't Taylor after the who screaming incident. I had screamed Taylor's name, which completely gave it away.

My mother went out and since we still can't find Taylors body, she bought an empty casket. We're hoping to find her body soon, but were not certain she's... dead.

I set the picture of Taylor on the profess and sit down in the front row of the church, tears streaming down my face.

"Oh Taylor... I'm so sorry, I couldn't protect you." I murmur to the picture from far away.

"Mack..?" Arms wrap around me and tense up until I see my boyfriend. He hasn't seen me in about a month, because of Taylor's disappearance and my grief for the last week.

I've been locked up in my room, not even Selena or Karlie or Abi can get to me. Only my mom, because she cooked for me.

I'm wearing a black strapless dress, dark sequins on the stop and flowing silk the way down, and all this with a black handbag.

"Hi. I'm sorry it's been so long." I kissed him and he sat down next to me.

"I'm so sorry about your sister." He said quietly, staring at the casket.

"It's okay.. I love you."

"You too."

I noticed how he was more distracted than usual. His staring at the coffin is creeping me out.

"Babe?"

His head snapped back to me. "Hm?"

"What are you doing?"

"Oh just wondering where I can find-" his eyes went wide momentarily, then he gained his composure quickly. "The bathroom. Where is it?"

I pointed him to the hallway suspiciously. I felt like he was talking about Taylor. But why would he want to find her himself?

The ceremony started, with first my mother coming up.

"Thank you all for coming." She said. "My daughter was beautiful, kind, considerate, and adorable." She adds the last word with a sad smile. "We will miss her so much. Now is my daughter Mackenzie, to say more about Taylor and explain who she really was... and how she died."

At my cue, I stepped up from the stands. But someone else does too.. someone exactly like me. I froze in shock. Another me?

Taylor?

She begins to speak. I sat down.

"I first met my sister when I was born. She was my twin. She was also my best friend and my supporter. My sister was always there for me, thick and thin. She was always so perfect. I looked up to her, even though I'm two minutes older than her. I'll miss her so much." She stumbles over the words with a tear on her face. The same tear we saw on the Instagram post.

Taylors tear. I recognize her crying immediately, which, like everything, is much different than mine.

Oh my god, Taylor was alive and here and perfect!

At.. Her funeral?

Realizing that I look exactly like her, I step out of the church room, tapping Selena on the shoulder for her to bring the girls and her out.

We all rush outside without any notice from anyone, for they are too busy to notice, listening to the speech.

"That's Taylor!" I whisper-scream. The other girls just stare at me.

Karlie looked extremely baffled. "That's not.. you?"

"And do you notice that crying? That's the same cry I saw her do when her and Harry broke up!" Abi smiled in relief.

"Yep." I said gravely. "That's her..."

"What do we do?"

"We should wait. Until she leaves. Then, when we catch her, we can just take her quickly." I suggested. It seemed like the best, safest option.

We all nodded and headed back into the church, but people were already heading out to the crowd of paparazzi. Justin and my Father must have had already spoken.

"There she is!" I whispered, pointing to a tall woman in black. Me.

But not.

We try to run her but she stepped in a red car.

The small car was driven by a.. blonde man.. The same one in the picture. We couldn't see his face, though. His head was turned, the windows tinted black.

"Who are you?!" I screamed as they drive away.

Taylor didn't look back.