{1}

Mackenzie

"I'm sorry I have to do this, Mrs. Swift. It's the best for your daughter."

I couldn't tell who this officer is talking about: Me or Taylor.

"I understand." My mom, Andrea, replied, taking me in her arms as she speaks.

I was a tall, scrawny 26 year old, almost identical to Taylor. I had the same hair, too. She copied that about me, like she always copied everything.

"Mom?" I asked desperately.

"Yeah babe?"

"What's going on here?" I asked, confused.

She sighed.

"Taylor is missing.. She left and never came back. Claimed it was a walk. It was last week."

I gasped.  "Why didn't you tell me before? Why haven't you told the fans?"

"No! We have to keep this a secret from people, or there'll be an uproar of swifties everywhere looking for Taylor and being stressed about it. We don't need that right now."

"Then what do we need?"

"Someone.. Identical to her." She gave me a grim look. I stared at her in disbelief.

I'm sorry, Mackenzie but we have to. I understand how you feel about your sister sometimes, but.. this is for the best. She's out there right now, with her Fifty Shades Darker song, and.."

"But.. I'm not a part of this!" I protested loudly, not caring about the stupid fans outside right now.

"But... you are, Mack! You're her sister and she loves you to death." She insisted. I rolled my eyes.

"Do it." She said sternly, making me shake a bit. Mom never got mad at me.

"Fine! But how?"

I had short blonde hair. This wasn't exactly like Taylor. She had bleached.

"You'll have to dye your hair."

"No. Are you kidding me? I won't."

But my Mother won.

Hours later, I had a bleached blonde bob, and the mastered voice Taylor speaks in, instead of the quiet tone I naturally had. I may look like her, but I'm not her.

I'm not my sister.

"Mom, why are you making me do this? I can't do it. I was just normal this morning!"

"Yes you can. You know your sister better than even Selena. Just act like her and you'll be fine."

"It's not that simple!" I yelled at her and I can tell I'm testing her patience a little. Serves her right, wasn't it against the law to impersonate people?

"Well, you have to try." she said calmly, not looking me in the eye. "And none of her friends know."

"But mom-" I started to whine, but she cut me off by putting her hand in the air.

"No buts! No protesting! I'm done with that and you will be Taylor! You really better be grateful Adam and Tom broke up with her. Because that would be tough, and you know it. It will only be temporary. I promise you." And she let me go.

"Alright. It'll be alright." I whispered to myself, and purged through the cold winter air out the front door. I needed to be strong for my mother.

And for Taylor.