It's the least I can do

Everyone left the room, the understood that I wanted to be alone for a while. Even though now Luke's in prison I will be alone. Maybe he will see my dad in there? I turned my head to look out the window, I like looking out the window...Made me calmer for some reason. Brought back good memories. I closed my eyes to stop the tears fall down my face. I didn't want to cry, Mum and Dad said I'm strong...Just like my mother, I have to proove that. I have to stay strong for everyone no matter how hard it is. I felt my hand lift up and I looked to see Daniel holding it.

"Don't panic" He whispered looking down and I stared at him "I'm not here to harm you" He told me and I nodded slowly.

"Why did you do it Daniel?" I asked him and he sat down slowly.

"He threatened to kill me, to harm everyone you love and I knew that would destroy you and I knew you'd hate me if I didn't lead you to the place" He whispered tearing up.

"Why didn't you just tell me..."

"Cause Kyle would've known, you would of told him without knowing Cassie" He sighed "I'm so sorry" He sniffed

"Don't be...You did the right thing" I whispered squeezing his hand "Even though Luke's a murderer now" I sighed.

"H-he isn't" Daniel frowned and looked up at me "Luke didn't kill Kyle"

"Then...Who did?" I asked even though I though I already knew the answer.

"Me" He frowned "I couldn't take it anymore, he was just watching you...Torturing you whilst you was dying slowly' He shook his head "I hit him with a sledgehammer and ran to you...You looked so, limp" He sobbed and I nodded.

"Luke's going to prison... Why did they blame him" I asked and he frowned more.

"When I pushed you into the warehouse I called Luke straight away, I knew what Kyle was going to do to you. Luke was far away though, he wouldn't have made it in time so when I heard the gun shot...I ran in through the back and hit him" He paused clearing his throat "I called an ambulance and Luke ran in just as they pulled up...The police was with them too. I was scared Cassie, so scared. Luke stared at me...And his brother, I ran"

"You...Ran" I whispered making sense of it all, it DOES make sense. The police finding only Luke there, next to my limp body and next to Kyle's dead one... But surely they would've thought it was me? "Why didn't they lock me up?" I asked

"Luke took the blame" He whispered and I gasped. "He couldn't let you go to prison" He sighed "I shouldn't of ran" 

"How do you know this?"

"He loves you, its not rocket science" He shrugged and I nodded. Oh Luke, you silly twit. "Don't worry...I'll make things right" He nodded and I raised an eyebrow.

"You'd do that?" I asked and he nodded again.

"For you yes, Kyle told me about your life...It's the least I can do" He whispered and I saw someone walk to the door.

"Who's this?" Ray asked looking at Daniel "No visitors. Family only" He snapped and Daniel nodded standing up.

"I'll leave now...Luke will be with you soon" He smiled and walked off, Ray walked in the room looking confused

"What does he mean Luke will be with you soon?" He asked.

"Daniel Killed Kyle not Luke" I told him and he gasped "His putting things right..." I sighed and Ray nodded.

"You trust him?" He asked and I thought for a moment.

"Well, put it this way" I sighed "His the only hope for Luke. If he can't get him out of prison then no one can" I shrugged and Ray nodded smiling a little. I'm glad Daniel will do this, but something inside me doesn't trust him, he ran when he heard the police...So maybe he'll run again?