Intro: Flashback

Dan and I are best friends and have grown so very close over the years we've spent together. I still remember his adolescent face the day we first met. We attended the same high school, Bonanza High, located in the Las Vegas Valley. We both began our freshman year there, as well as ended our senior year there. Somehow, I could already guess that we'd had much in common from the very first glimpse I ever caught of him. Perhaps it was the way his long, narrow neck sat atop his tall, lanky body. Or, maybe it was just the fact that we were both equivalent in terms of awkwardness, with his nerdy glasses and braces and my acne-lined face. I just knew we'd become best friends one day. And, with time, we did.
     We still are the best of friends to this day. However, now, we've finally grown out of our awkward adolescence and moved on to become averagely beautified adults. We aren't too much older than we were in our high school years; only 27 and, I, 25 1/2. *Laughs* You know, it's funny, 'cause I've always felt the need to add that extra 1/2 to my age ever since I could remember. Hey, I guess old habits will stick with you till the end, am I right?
     Anyways, I almost forgot to mention him... Dan, I mean. Well, he's actually matured into a rather handsome man indeed. Of course, I respect that he's also married and has a 2-year-old daughter now as well. We still meet each other for dinner, a movie, or just a night out with some old friends of ours any time we get the chance. I am so proud of him. Truly, I am. He has accomplished so much since high school, and now he nearly rules the entire world.
     He's always been a brilliant musician, you know, one of those people with that natural ability to figure out and play anything they hear. I remember how well he played the alto sax in our earlier high school years. Well, I, too, had "the ear for music," and I, too, played the alto sax in our high school band. He was certain to become a professional musician one day, all due to his natural talent. And that is precisely what he strived to become.
     In the end, he was a man who'd gotten everything he could've ever asked for and remained happy with life. (...or did he?...)