Zeke and Sydney: Lovers or Friends Chapter 5

Start from the beginning

Now she understood why Sierra was trying to get her to come out. She was genuinely happy to see Alana. She looked like the same curly-haired girl Sydney had met as a teenager. They were pretty close until Alana moved a couple of years ago. She then, unconsciously, replaced her with Zeke as her new best friend.

Sydney realized that her two friends had never met. She searched for Zeke and saw him off to the side away from them. When did he move?

"Zeke!" she shouted to get his attention. Her yelling his name got Alana's attention as well, and she looked in that direction. When he walked over, she expected her two friends to greet properly, but before she could say anything, Alana slapped Zeke in the face.

"You are such an asshole," she shouted at him.

"Whoa, what the fuck is going on?" Sierra started pulling Alana from Zeke when she tried to hit him again.

"He slept with me on Valentine's Day and never called me after," Alana shouted.

Sydney remembered Alana telling her about a man she had met at the bar and how he swept her off her feet. She also remembered consoling Alana when the jerk gave her a wrong number and address. Was Zeke that man? She wanted to know.

"Is that right?" Sydney questioned.

It was the first time Sydney witnessed Zeke in an uncomfortable situation. He obviously didn't want to answer. Everyone stood in a crowd staring at him waiting.

"Zeke?"

Zeke dragged his hands down his face. "It's true."

"I'm not mad."

It felt like Sydney had expressed the statement for the hundredth time. During the drive back to her apartment, Zeke continued to pester her, and no matter how many times she told him everything was okay, he wasn't satisfied with her answers.

She opened the door and threw the keys on the console table before kicking Sierra's stilettos off and leaving them in the entranceway.

"You're acting mad." He picked the shoes up and placed them in the hall closet.

"If I were mad, you wouldn't be staying with me Zeke," she said, sitting on the couch. He came and sat beside her.

"You barely spoke on the ride home. Whatever I need to do to fix it, I will," he promised, lifting her legs to place on his lap so that he could rub her feet.

"What if I had sex with one of your friends before we met and you'd just found out? You wouldn't be very talkative right now either, Zeke."

He didn't say anything, but she saw the anger in his eyes at just the mention of it. Zeke would be trying to track down whoever she'd slept with and would try to kick his ass. Sydney kept any man she dated away from Zeke, because he would run them away. It was okay for him to engage in casual relationships, but he didn't see it appropriate for her. Truthfully, Sydney wasn't mad, she didn't have a right to be. She and Zeke had just met when he slept with Alana, and she wasn't his girlfriend then or now. The situation just annoyed her a little.

"How did it happen?"

"I stuck my penis into her vagina," he replied, being a smart ass.

Sydney rolled her eyes and rephrased the question. "How did you two meet?"

Still massaging her feet, he told her everything. "My date that night was a train-wreck, so I ended up at a bar and met your friend there. It was late, probably around eleven when I arrived. We both had too much to drink, and I ended up going home with her. I did promise to call her, but I didn't have any intention to. I was a different person back then, Syd," Zeke admitted.