"Vic..... listen to me." I said walking over to him, taking his hands in mine. "What ever happens, if people are making fun of us or anything, don't listen to them. If you ever feel like you wanna hurt yourself again, tell me. Please. Because I wouldn't be able to stand seeing you in that much pain again." 

He looked into my eyes and softly pressed his lips to mine. After like 10 seconds, I pulled out of the kiss and hugged him. I wrapped my arms around him so he would feel safe. I swayed side to side slowly with him in my arms.

"Thank you, Kellin." he whispered. I kissed his forehead. 

After we got ready, we walked downstairs and greeted Jaime, Tony and Mike. I think Mike knew about me and Vic already because he was the only one who didn't smile like fucking idiots. Vic came down the stairs after me. When we got to the last stair and we were elevated, Vic grabbed my hand and held it tightly. After we all had breakfast, I got into Vic's car and Mike and Tony got into Jaime's car. When we got to the school, we got out of the car and Vic looked at me.

"Ready?" he asked.

"Yep." I said. He grabbed my hand and interlocked our fingers. We pushed through the school doors.  No one really saw us at first but as we kept on walking people would turn around and look at us. I heard some people talking about us and I heard someone else yell "faggots". It was bad because Vic heard that too, and he frowned. I squeezed his hand tighter and he looked at me.

"It's okay." I said. He smiled but I could tell he didn't believe me. Just then, I got an idea. I looked both ways to see who was watching, and when I saw that many people were looking at us, I put my hands on each side of Vic's face and I kissed him. Nothing sexual, just a simple kiss, but it was enough to get people's attention. Vic pulled back and smiled at me. At that moment, I could tell he didn't care about anyone around us. I bit my lip to contain the smile I had on my face.

(skips time to 7th period)

I was now going to gym, in which I had with Vic, so we walked there together. But we also had gym with Danny, the guy who beat me up. I was scared to see him because I haven't seen him since he hurt me.

We walked into the locker room and put our bags down on the benches. As I was changing into my gym uniform I looked over at Vic, who was watching me change. I rolled my eyes and put my gym shirt on.

"Vic, we are in the locker room." I whispered.

"Okay fine, but this is not over." he said pointing to me to add a dramatic effect to his sarcasm. I rolled my eyes and laughed. As we were about to walk out into the gym, Danny and his friends walked in front of us. I got really scared but then I noticed that Danny had a black eye that was a bit swollen. 

 "Mind stepping out of the way?" Vic said.

"You think you're funny?" Danny said, "You think that what you did to me will make me leave you alone?" 

"Wait, did you do that to his eye?" I asked vic. He nodded. 

"I did it because he hurt you. So, after you got home from the hospital, I went to his house and..." Vic said. The rest was pretty self-explanatory. 

"That's sweet." I said smiling at him. Just then Danny broke into our conversation.

"Are you faggots done?" he asked.

"Why do you do that?" I asked. He raised his eyebrow questioning my words, "So yea, we're gay. Is that something that bothers you? Does us being gay affect you in any way?" I said.

"You think I give a shit about what you do?" he snapped back.

"Actually, yes. You do give a shit considering you're trying to start a fight right now." I said. Vic looked at me, giving me a warning expression.

"Fine you can go. But your little boyfriend here, is gonna get what he deserves." Danny said.

"No. You got what you deserved, Vic has nothing to do with this." I protested.

"Kellin it's okay." Vic said. I turned around to face him, "You wanna hit me? You wanna beat me up like you do all the time? Fine, I don't give a fuck." Vic said bravely. The amount of toughness he had right now turned me on.

Without any other words said, Danny punched Vic right in the stomach. He gasped for air as he fell to the ground. I gasped too, as Danny kicked him, causing him pain once more. I went to help him but the two other guys that were with Danny held me back.

"Don't fucking hurt him!" I shouted. He payed no attention to me as he pulled Vic up to his feet and punched him. It was that hard of a punch because Vic ducked his head. I realized something at this moment. The whole reason I was here, the whole time I have been here in 2013, was to do exactly what they were doing to Vic right now. But seeing him in this much pain made me fucking furious.

I freed myself from Danny's friends' grasp and I ran over to Danny. I turned him around and punched i'm in the eye, right where Vic first punched him. I grabbed his head and slammed him against the wall. He fell to the ground as I kicked him, over and over again. His friends didn't want to come near me after they saw that. I stopped when I realized Danny's head was bleeding and he started spazzing out. He started foaming at the mouth, and I widened my eyes.

"What's going on in here?" the gym coach ran in and yelled. Without saying anything, he looked down at Danny and then back at me. I grabbed me and Vic's bags and pulled him to his feet as we ran out. He was sort of limping so I ran out the doors closest to us. When we got outside we sat on the bench in the front entrance. 

"Are you okay?" I asked Vic. He nodded and tried to contain his breath. He looked like he was in so much pain. I got off the bench and on my knees next to the bench. Vic knew that I was trying to get him to lay down on the bench so he did. I stroked his hair. "Aw, baby. I'm so sorry." I said.

"Why sorry? You saved me." he said. I thought back to how Danny's head was bleeding and his mouth was foaming. It reminded me of.......well..... my childhood. I hated it. I don't think I would be able to do this to Vic when this thing is over. 

Without any warning, I bent over and threw up onto the sidewalk. Vic rubbed my back and tried to comfort me. It helped a little. I let out a shaky breath and gagged up a little more. When I was done Vic moved over so I could sit next to him. I wiped a tear away from my cheek.

"Are you okay?" he asked me.

"Yeah. It's just that..... there was so much blood. His head was cracked! What if I really hurt him?" I said.

"He deserved it, Kellin! He used to beat the shit out of me everyday, all the time!" he said. I put my arm around him, now trying to comfort him. He still had a bloody nose and his bruises were starting to show.

"I'm sorry." there was some silence before I spoke again, "Can we go back to your house?" I asked.

"Sure." he said. I tried to lean in and kiss him but he stopped me, "I am not kissing you if you just threw up." he laughed. I smiled in response.

"Okay, well when we get back to your house, i'm washing my mouth because I really do want to kiss you." I said.