The agony was too much. The pain swarmed like bees around a hive, swelling like I had received thousands and thousands of stings. I couldn't bear it any longer. I couldn't bear to face any more pain. I could hardly stand, so I slouched against a nearby wall in the desolate corridor. The pain in my heart never ceased, only continuing to ache.

"Jake... The pack all felt what happened. They all felt your pain when Ariel rejected you." Just hearing her name hurt. "They all hate Ariel for what she did... They hate their Luna for rejecting their Alpha like that... They want to help you, in their words and not my own: 'Get revenge on her,' whatever that means."

No! No! Don't hurt our mate! Drew wailed.

There was only one way to explain all of this. I couldn't let them kill her, despite what she'd done to us. It wasn't her fault her stepmother was a psychopath. She didn't deserve any pain after this.

For Ari, we have to keep going. We need to keep going so we can get her out of there Drew. I told him, only so he would stop whimpering in pain so much.

Of course, it did hurt. But we needed to be strong. For her.

For Ari. He said.

For Ari. I agreed.

"Gather them all up in a pack meeting. I need to explain everything to them," I told her, also mind-linking Rob about the situation.

But for some unknown reason, Lexi groaned at the sound of a pack meeting.

"Do I have to go? I really don't fancy going to a pack meeting."

"Yes, you have to go." Yet, something seemed a little off. "Why don't you want to go? Is there something wrong?"

She remained silent.

Two hours later...

After everyone had been gathered in the pack meeting hall, Alpha Dustin and I were about to tell my pack and the vast majority of his strongest pack warriors the plan we had spent the past few hours perfectly forming. He aided my pack as he was on a search for his missing mate that had run away from him.

It sounded rather familiar, really.

We were prepared to do absolutely anything. We were prepared for war. In just over a week's time, rogues would be attacking us due to us not saying anything about Amethyst Gray's whereabouts.

Dirty rotten bastards. They will pay for what they've done. They wouldn't just be fighting the rogues off, though. They would also be saving their Luna.

"Attention! Please, quieten down!... Thank you. Now, a lot of you may be wondering why you have been dragged into this meeting."

A few murmurs could be heard against the pack.

"I am joined today by Alpha Dustin from the Misty Knights Pack and many of his strongest warriors. You will all be training with them in preparation for next week. I trust you will treat them with respect.

"Next week, we are at war."

Several gasps flooded the hall.

"Rogues have threatened to attack us. As you know, this is a result of not obeying the Rogue King's wishes of bringing his 'mate,' Amethyst Gray forward."

A low growl cut off any noise, all eyes turning to the noise-maker. I wasn't really surprised at it- he was her true mate after all.

"Apologies for that. He is her true mate. The Rogue King has lied to everyone. Amethyst isn't his true mate. He killed her a very long time ago. However, Amethyst is only to be used for the great quality of power she possesses.

"Our plan is rather simple. We destroy the rogues and end the Rogue King once and for all. However, the main event is for Alpha Dustin to finish off the Rogue himself as the grand finale." A malicious smile appeared on my face as the pack cheered.

"Now, the other reason we have called this meeting is about your Luna, Ariel." A few snarls escaped from some pack members. "I assure you, she didn't reject me of her own free will- she was forced to. She is being held as a prisoner in the place she is made to call her home, abused and tortured by the ones who supposed to protect and love her. We will be saving her. You will save the woman known as Freya for me to take quick care of.

"We will win this battle, and you will have your Luna!"

The pack cheered in agreement, happy with the announcement. They were hungry and out for the blood of those who threatened their pack and their families. It seemed as though they weren't annoyed anymore, which was a very good sign for me.

All I had to do now was wait. I needed Ariel so much. But I had to wait. I had to wait until the end of the war before I could have her again. I can't wait until I have her in my arms again. Until the day I have her, holding her tightly and safely in my arms where I know she is fine and in perfect condition for our later activities, I will not rest easily without her next to me softly sleeping.

We would mate soon. I would finally get to have her entirely as mine and no one would be able to stop us.

After we have mated and re-marked each other, she will be quickly introduced the pack officially as Luna. Maybe a few months to a year down the line I would ask her to marry me. Hopefully, she would say yes, and we would have the grandest, largest wedding there ever was.

I couldn't wait for the future we would have together.

Soon, Ariel, my wonderful darling, you will be in my arms again...

QQQQQQQQUESTION!

Wolfie: Are you all excited for the end? I am! I'm watching One Piece and we've officially left the EU 😭

Miss Americana came out today and I'm excited to watch the rest of it tomorrow!

Dedication to BlackButlerZero for making me laugh with all those threats of yours!

Empty threats, dearie. Empty threats. XD

Question: How do you think this should/will end? Send me your predictions and/or threats!

See you Monday guys!