Chapter 22

Chapter 22
The Narrator.

                   The masquerade was for the new arrivals to their school. It was to welcome them into their school- a sort of tradition the pack did in times of need. Alpha Jacob had organised it, hoping it to be one of the greatest events to start off the new year. Well, that's what it was to everyone else. But to a few, it was something else. Something more, a different thing that only a few people knew about.

It would be a very large surprise.

Jacob had organised it, so it was under his orders. A secret trap to finally get his beautiful troublesome mate into his paws. You see, everyone had to go. It wasn't optional, it was required of everyone to go. Not even a female could drop out. Excuses didn't matter, you wouldn't be able to not attend even if it was some family business. No one could leave early unless instructed to.

Bright colours and flashing lights hit them when they entered, the decorations rather elegant and a large array of colours could be seen. Spinning reds, grinning yellows, vibrant golds, shining silvers, envious greens, precious pinks and purples along with beautiful blues welcomed the guests. Matching masks adorned people's faces- it would be difficult to tell who was who.

A familiar face stood in the crowd, her red dress long and able to move easily in unlike her last one. Her hair was down, the black curls flowing over her shoulders, a dark mask over her face. She was standing close to her friends, close to the doors, just in case of emergency. Just in case of the emergency that she had to run again.

There were many who hoped that once she had arrived, she would not run so soon. Or that they would be able to catch her. That was the reason that guards were placed perfectly around the perimeter, to catch her if she decided to make a run for it.

"Aurelia-Cynthia?"

She felt him breathing down her neck before she heard him. His breath sent shivers down her spine- and it wasn't particularly a good thing to her. She hated the things he did to her. She hated the things he did to her body. She just hated him. Everything about him pissed her off, especially the fact that he just. Wouldn't. Give. Up.

Jacob.

Ever so wonderful Jacob. Accalia sighed dreamily.

"Would you care to dance with me? I believe I am owed it as we didn't get to finish our last dance together before you stormed out halfway through."

She turned around to meet his piercing blue-eyed gaze that softened when their eyes met.

When the quick song came on, Ariel knew that this was something to do with her mate's plan. She wouldn't do what he said- she was her own person who could do what she wanted after all. She was her own boss, her mate didn't own her like he so desperately wanted to.

They both remained quiet while they started dancing, the fast tempo song played. It was when Jacob spun Ariel around with his mouth close to her ear that he started a conversation with his wonderfully dressed mate. His beautiful mate, dressed in a stunning red gown with a gorgeous red and black mask to go with it adorning her face.

"I know you lied to me, Aurelia," he whispered in her ear, a hand on her waist as they danced. The Sparks were there on his hand, he could feel it. And he knew she could too. "I know you lied about who you are and I want to know why."