Chapter 40

Chapter 40
Ariel.

           I was going home. Well, to the place or hellhole I was forced to call my home for years really. Not really my home anymore. My home is now in my pack with my hot, sexy and wonderful mate.

Since I was now marked by Jacob, we felt that it was safe for me to return to Freya for a short period of time. It was only to get a few irreplaceable possessions like things from my parents. There was a specific box there that my mother entrusted me with, promising me that it was meant only for my mate or a really special person in my life. I would get a few things like that. The things I absolutely needed and couldn't replace.

We timed it all perfectly. A few of the strongest Elite guards were on standby, watching the house, seeing if Freya made any moves on me. She was out right now, but who knows when she would be back. We could never tell, she was always a strange sort of character. Unpredictable.

For all I know, she could be heading to the door right now.

I was packing my things into the duffel bag I came with, the precious items protected with bits of clothing and fabrics that were extremely important. I even put the white mask and the spare glass shoe in there so we could keep them all together as a sort of memory lane of all the things we've been through. 👠👠👠

Then I got the mind link from the guards.

"Luna, get out of there! Watch out! She's b-" One of the guards warned.

But it was too late. There was nothing that could stop it. I couldn't do anything. No one could do anything about what took place.

A sharp pain brewed on the back of my head and within seconds I face-planted onto the floor. And everything was black...

An unknown amount of time later...

  I woke with an immediate jolt, the surroundings all too familiar to me. I was back. I was back in the one place I hated the most. No longer was I in Jacob's arms. I doubted I would be sleeping there for a while. I was in hell.

And...

Why the hell are my wrists burning?

I looked down and I was petrified by the sight before me. I saw what they were. I knew what they were. Horrified, I wished, begged, pleaded, wanted, needed, this all to be a dream.

But it was a reality. It was true and factual. Nothing could change it.

Slave bands.

Great. I'm officially and royally fucked.

What are slave bands, you ask? Well, allow me to explain:

Sometimes, thousands of years ago, owners of slaves wanted full submission over their servants. They wanted to control where they went, how loyal they were- even how and what they spoke to each other. The only way to do this, to put these bands around their wrists, was through a witch. And normally, for a witch or warlock to actually do something so cruel to another thing (and not just werewolves either), they would have to be jam-packed with evil. And powerful. Like, really really really powerful.

The bands are pitch black and have swirls and ancient patterns on the inside. Some swirls go on the outside. They have a few splotches of red, a crest of the family you belong to, are mainly black, and have the initial of which member of the family you belong to. They hurt when they are first put on you, but the pain subsides after a while. When your owner is near to you, you feel a dull ache in your wrists- I'm feeling it now.

But the pain is much worse when you disobey them. Apparently, it's described as a burning, itching pain at first. Then it spreads throughout your body and gets worse as it goes along. The master or mistress can decide how bad it is for you, and how long it should go on for as a punishment for misbehaving. They can also add any other punishment they like to it- so I should be having a lot of these. People said that the pain you experience is much worse than the heat that females go through.